Room 25 News Flash!
April / May 2014
PLEASE DONATE to the SSF Technology Drive!
Click here to be directed to the donation page; suggested donation is $250 PER FAMILY, however ANY donation is appreciated to help us continue our work! All monies stay at SSF and go directly toward your child's daily technology needs, including the following:
- Updating and repairing iPads, computers, and projectors - all of which students access daily!
- Implementing SSF's technology upgrade plan - as old desktops, iPads, and projectors begin to break, we need to replace them!
- Technical support across campus
- Purchase of educational apps and software requested by teachers
- Continuing education and staff development for teachers
Save the Dates!
- Friday, April 4: Social Studies Test (Ch. 5)
- April 7 - 11: Spring Break; no school
- Friday, April 18: Science Test (Ch. 3)
- Monday, April 21: SBAC Computer Test (Language Arts)
- Wednesday, April 23: SBAC Computer Test (Math)
- Thursday, April 24: SBAC Math Performance Task Assessment
- Wednesday, May 7th: MAP Test (Reading)
- Wednesday, May 14th: MAP Test (Math)
- Friday, May 16: Ocean Week Opening Ceremonies! 8:30am assembly
- May 19 - 23: Ocean Week!
- Wednesday, May 21: Open House (5p-6p) & Spring Fling (5:30-8p)
- Friday, May 23: Ocean Week Closing Ceremonies! 8:30am assembly
- Monday, May 26: Memorial Day; no school
- ...More to come!!
Smarter Balanced Assessment & MAPs Testing
The Solana Beach School District will continue to administer the MAP assessment in May 2014 to measure each student's academic progress.
The students of Room 25 had the opportunity to take the SBAC Math Practice Test as "homework" during February. You are welcome to use the same login information to access the practice test for Language Arts, or to revisit the math exam. Click this link to be taken to the packet that went home with students in February (with login instructions at the end). Or, to be taken directly to the SBAC Practice Site, click here; there is no "login," simply use "guest" and sign in.