A newsletter for Alta Vista Staff~Week of November 12, 2018
Don't Forget! Next Week's Calendar
- RtI Update Meeting with Mrs. Helton (All Grades) on Monday, November 12 during conference
- Scholastic EDGE Training (Gr K-3) on Monday, November 12 at 3:45-4:15 pm in the library **REQUIRED**
- Blended Learning Commitee Meeting on Monday, November 12 at 4:30 pm at Admin Conference Room ALL WELCOME!
- Symphony Field Trip for Gr 4-5 on Tuesday, November 13 at 8:30 am (Kinder and 5th grade switch lunches)
- Lions Club Vision Screening (PK) on Tuesday, November 13
- Region 12 Math Coaching with Mr. A on Tuesday, November 13
- Classroom Management Training for classroom teachers- "Own It Fix It" to Change Behavior on Tuesday, November 13 at 3:45 pm @ Wiley Opportunity Center
- Faculty Meeting on Wednesday, November 15 about Parent Engagement **OPTIONAL**
- Campus ELAR Assessment on Wednesday, November 14-15
- House Party Award Nominations due Wednesday, November 14
- Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p-0v7R13SvH_q5q2iFZPU3fLKefHdqWftVky1D-jAiQ/edit?usp=sharing
- Faculty Meeting on Wednesday, November 14
- Kinder Gobble Gobble Day on Friday, November 16
- Thanksgiving Lunch on Friday, November 16
Coming Up: House Parties on Tuesday, 11/27
From Your Captain
Although it is not the beginning of the year, it is always important to remind ourselves of the "why" behind what we do. We all get tired, and working with many students and staff all day, every day can begin to wear on you. Keep feeding the positive and you will see the positive. The opposite is also true. Remember we can think negatively about a person's actions or we can give them positive intent. We need this, our kids need this, and we need this with each other. Here is just a little reminder of the impact you make each day. All Day, Every Day- what you do and say matters!
REMINDER-If you are using time cards, have all corrections/approvals completed no later than Monday so that Bonnie and I can approve time cards by our weekly deadline and not mess up payroll.
We are looking for teachers to pilot a family engagement program. You will be paid a stipend of $1,000 for your participating in the year-long program. Our first meeting/training is this Wednesday, November 14 in lieu of faculty meeting. If you are interested in learning more, please plan to attend.
You have done a great job of reinforcing our school agreements and "Your job is to keep the school safe." We are hearing this language much more frequently when we discuss behavior with students.
Continue to build focus on those school commitments. How are you addressing them in morning meeting? Every student should be choosing a commitment for the day #AllDayEveryDay
Classroom Management Training for classroom teachers- "Own It Fix It" to Change Behavior on Tuesday, November 13 at 3:45 pm @ Wiley Opportunity Center
As we venture into Thanksgiving break, remember that not all students are excited about the upcoming week-long break. They may be going home to unstable family situations or food insecurity. Really focus on strengthening those classroom connections this week.
Staff Members of the Week!
Congratulations to Mrs. Bearden for being our TEACHER OF THE WEEK! She has done an amazing job of implementing guided math stations, technology, and student choice into her math lessons.
Email Mrs. Helton to reserve the cart for November.
RESOURCE OF THE WEEK
House Party Awards
The next House Party will be on Tuesday, November 27. You will be meeting with the other classes from your entire house.