- changing eating and sleeping habits
- withdraw from family, friends, and regular activities.
- drug & alcohol use
- difficult concentrating or declining schoolwork.
- giving away favorite possessions
- sometimes their is no signs
- In 2010, 38,364 suicides were reported, making suicide the 10th leading cause of death for Americans.
- In 2010, adolescents and young adults aged 15 to 24 had suicide rate of 10.5.
- 90 percent of kids who die by suicide, there was emotional , behavioral, or cognitive problems.
- male commit suicide more than female
To help your teen
- stay calm
- show empathy
- talk more
- be supportive
- don't over- parent
- work with the school
- get help
- Kamphaus died on September 30, 2012 he committed suicide in Fremont, Ne. He was only 16 years old.
- Mr. Booton a high school teacher than committed suicide in Fremont, Ne on September 26, 2011.