Back to School Edition: Sunday, September 5, 2021
It's Opening Week 2021!
A few other important notes:
- Teachers sent placement emails on Wednesday afternoon. You should have also received an email with a map for line-up locations. You can find that Arrival Map here if you need it.
- Some of you have reached out because you didn't receive them; we appreciate your patience and have been updating PowerSchool as needed to address this issue.
- As a reminder, students will NOT have a lunch at school that day, so please fill their tummies before school.
- If you have not yet gotten school supplies and would like to, here are our optional school supplies lists by teacher.
FRASER FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL SIGNS
First Day of School Signs for ALL grades can be found by clicking on the image below to link to the FPS website. Feel free to download, print, and take a picture to commemorate your child's first day of the 21-22 school year.
- If you'd like to email your first day of school pictures to me, I'd love to include them on our Twain Facebook Page.
- You can also share them on Twitter using the hashtags #TeamTwain and #FraserFamily
Mask Policy & COVID-19 Information
Masks are optional for all staff, students, and visitors on campus. We will have masks available in all of our buildings for anyone who needs one. Fraser Public Schools encourages everyone who is not fully vaccinated to wear a face covering. Facial coverings are a safe and proven strategy to prevent secondary transmission of this aggressive Delta variant in schools. Masks are primarily intended to reduce the emission of virus-laden droplets. They also help reduce inhalation of these droplets by the wearer.
Masks must be worn on Fraser Public School buses. The CDC requires masks to be worn on school buses.
Please continue to reach out to keep us updated about your family's health and notify the office if someone in your household tests positive for Covid-19 or if you find out that your child has been exposed to someone who has tested positive. This information will help mitigate the spread and keep our Twain community healthy.
Procedure when a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19
When a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, he/she should notify the Macomb County Health Department at (586) 463-3750 during normal business hours. Additionally, families and staff members should contact the school administrator. The individual should stay home and isolate for at least 10 days from the first date of symptoms or 10 days from the test date if asymptomatic AND fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications and improved symptoms.
Fraser Public Schools will be reporting all COVID-19 positive cases to the Macomb County Health Department (MCHD). The MCHD will investigate to determine if any additional students or staff should be quarantined. We will continue to work with our Health Department to support these efforts.
DAILY HEALTH SCREENING
As we have said before, please keep your child home if they have any symptoms of illness. Teach your child to cover their cough or sneeze with their elbow, and wash their hands or use hand sanitizer often. We encourage you to perform daily self-assessments for COVID-19, but the daily screener is no longer required. Although not required, we have linked the CDC's Coronavirus Self-Checker HERE for those looking for a resource.
Twain Data Verification Forms Due This WEDNESDAY!
Please reach out to our Main Office at 439-6900 with questions.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter!
Here's a Story for our Fraser Class of 2034 as they prepare to start kindergarten Tuesday!
Here's a Story to Share with All of Our Comets as They Prepare to Start School This Week!
Bus Stop Information
It is very important to check your child’s bus stop, as routes have been modified for the 2021–2022 school year.
Students will be assigned a route number in lieu of a bus number. The route number is located on the left side of the entry door. To ensure transportation, all students must be at their bus stop 10 minutes prior to the scheduled arrival time. Please review with your child the bus rules found on the Transportation Department’s website.
Does Your Child Have Medical Needs?
- In order for us to administer medication, district consent forms must be completed and submitted.
- Consent forms for prescription medications must include dosage and frequency information and be signed by a physician.
- Medication, including inhalers, must be stored in the main office and not in backpacks or pockets.
- If your child has a medical plan, it will need to be updated for the 21-22 school year.
We must have updated forms to allow us to distribute medication on the first day, so please take care of this this week. You can find the forms linked below for your convenience.
Free Breakfasts & Lunches Continue This Year
Although not required, we do ask that all families complete the Lunch Application at www.LunchApp.com. Doing so ensures the school receives additional funding and helps identify families who qualify for additional support.
Twain Breakfast & Lunch Schedule for 21-22 School Year
- Grades 2, 4, & Mrs. Price's class will eat lunch from 11:55-12:15.
- Grades 3 and 5 will eat lunch from 12:15-12:35.
- Grades K, 1, & 6 will eat lunch from 12:35-12:55.
- (All students will have recess either before/ after their assigned lunch time.)
Students will eat lunch in the gym with their grade level at assigned classroom tables.
Mark Twain Student Handbook
Who Wants to Work with the BEST STAFF Ever?
- lunch aides
- intervention specialists
- SACC workers
Apply HERE on the district site, and please make sure to send me an email to let me know you applied!
ACCESS FOOD PANTRY - OPEN TO ALL
During these times, ACCESS of SterLing Heights has opened their food pantry to all Fraser Public School families. Each week, ACCESS offers foods like frozen meat, rice, pasta, oil, nuts, cereal, dried milk, juice and more.
Access offers food pickup on Wednesdays from 1 p.m. until supplies run out. Families are also welcome to call (586) 722-6036 to schedule a pickup anytime during our regular business hours, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Please note, all are welcome to visit our free food pantry.
ACCESS Sterling Heights Center is located at 4301 East 14 Mile Road, Sterling Heights, MI 48310.
Mrs. Laura Woods, Principal
Main Office Phone: 586-439-6900
Absentee Phone Line: 586-439-6990
(This is a 24-hour recorded line; please leave your child's reason for absence and length of time out. Absences reported to this line ensure most timely and accurate record.)
School Administrative Assistant:
Ms. Beverly Dobosenski (Ms. D.)
Twain Office Hours - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
School Hours: 8:35am – 3:30pm
First Bell: 8:30 am
Instructional (Tardy) Bell: 8:35 am
(Some images borrowed from Google)