September 17, 2018
Notes from the Office
We are off to a great start to the school year! As we settle into week four of the school year, we'd like to remind all families of a few helpful tips!
1. If your child is going to be absent from school, please let the office know by 9:15am. We can be reached at 616-669-6700. Please also let us know if your child is going to be late and if they will be needing a hot lunch that day. Lunch orders need to be submitted by 10am each day.
2. Students arriving late or being picked up early, need to be signed in or out in the office by am adult.
3. All visitors and volunteers coming into the building must have a background check on file before coming in the building. Background checks need to be completed each year. Please complete the background check form here.
4. If you are taking a vacation and your child will be absent for more than three days, please request a vacation form from the office. These can be sent home with your child or emailed.
5. Please let the office know by 3pm if you are making a one time change for how your child will be going home.
Count on Me-Alward Students and Staff Making a Difference
Character Ed Assembly
School Breakfast and Lunch
- I want to invite parents to apply for free and reduced lunch at www.lunchapp.com. This is something that you need to apply for every year. It's a free and easy application, so check it out today!
- We serve breakfast every morning. The cost is $1.25. If you qualify for reduced lunch prices, the cost is $0.30. If you qualify for Free Lunch, you also receive breakfast for Free. Breakfast includes: Cereal, juice, milk, fruit and a nutritious snack. Breakfast Choices are: Cinnamon toast, Trix, Cocoa Puffs, Apple Jacks. Snack, Juice and Milk are included. Fresh Fruit or applesauce available daily.
- Please to to http://www.jenhudfood.org/ for additional information on school lunches.
- First PTC Meeting: Monday, September 17 at 7:00 p.m. in the Alward library. We will have a brief update on PTC information, an update from Mrs. McClure and updates from classroom teachers on what is taking place in the classrooms. We will then follow with a special featured presentation from Mrs. McClure on Technology Use at School! All are invited to attend!
- The Alward Parent-Teacher Club is looking for parents interested in helping with activities this year. We have lots of opportunities to help, and many are outside the school day. Please complete our quick, online Parent Profile and let us know what skills you can share and when you are availalble: https://tinyurl.com/AES1819ParentProfile
- Walk-a-thon Updates:
- Save the Date-Friday Oct 5 is the Alward Superhero Walkathon. Be on the lookout for more information coming home next week.
- Parents if you own a business or work for a business that is interested in an opportunity to help sponsor walkathon and get a great opportunity to advertise your business, please contact Andi Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org.