THS Choir Newsletter
April 5th, 2020
This week's message from Mrs. Brewer
This Week's Choir Calendar
THE NEW GRADING GUIDELINES
- Teachers may assign a Maximum of TWO grades per week, per content course/subject
- Grades for week may include ONE “completion” grade per week, per content course/subject meaning teachers will grade that the student simply completes the activity AND ONE “competency” grade per week, per content course/subject meaning the teacher grades for accuracy of the work.
- All grades will be considered equal
- No designation/classification between Daily or Major grades
Read the full document below which contains information about GPA and final exams.
Google Classroom Assignments for this week
Participation Grade (completion grade):
- Daily Warm up: The warm ups will be like the ones from last week, minus the scale and thirds ( 2-3 minutes piece). Use your school id to log in to edpuzzle, sing with the video and answer a question. 15 points a piece for completion. You must submit the question to receive credit.
- Sightreading factory: Log in to Sightreading factory and complete two of the exercises. A "how to" videos are in Google classroom for both rhythm and singing assignments. Due Tuesday and Thursday. They are less than a minute a piece. 20 points a piece for completion.
Video upload (competency grade):
- Upload a video of yourself singing the scale with handsigns. The grading rubric and criteria are in google classroom. Video due Thursday. Appprox 1 minute. I must see your handsigns.
Parents can join the google classroom. Email me and I will send you an invitation.
Checklist for this week
- Read the grading guidelines so that you know what is going on. It is NOT like the other grading period.
- Watch the videos I have provided in google classroom so you do the assignment correctly.
- Make sure your parents have filled out the google meet permission form. I have attached it to the newsletter.
- CONTACT YOUR TEACHERS if you have any issues. DON'T ghost them.....especially me! Remember that you have to be more active in asking for help. Sending a private message to your teacher is like raising your hand. You are not "interrupting us." We are here to help you.
- This week's assignments count towards your grades, Last week's do not count, but your teachers may or may not need them. If you are missing last week's assignments, contact your teacher to see if you need to turn them in. Don't sabotage this week's assignments . Communicate, communicate, communicate!
- Look at your calendar in googleclassroom to help organize your due dates.
TAKE THIS FRIDAY OFF! Step away from the computer and take a break.
- Breathe....it will be ok.
This will help you troubleshoot some of the programs your child is using.
Text your class code to 81010
2nd period Concert Men @b99k
3rd period Varsity Chorale @be3f49
4th period Concert Women @h296bk
6th period Advanced Women: @k33f4