We Are Together Tamanend!
November 26, 2012 - Report Card Day!
Our 8th Graders played Capture the Flag as an extension to their study of the American Revolution. There were many connections... For example, the red team was twice as big as the blue team and had much more experience. Ask your 8th grader which side of the war each color represented and why.
Walk to Cure Diabetes Brings Tamanend Together
On Sunday, October 28th, a group of Tamanend students and teachers participated in the 2012 JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes. Walking for Christian, the little brother of 9th grader Lauren Z., these Tamanend community members were up bright and early to complete the three mile walk on the campus of Bucks County Community College. It was wonderful to see so many from TMS demonstrating compassion and commitment to this great cause! Kudos to "Christian's Crew!"
Emily C. was nominated by Mr. Paul Eisold for her Responsibility.
Mrs. Amanda Higgins nominated Gabriella H. for her Achievement.
Abby C. was nomintaed for Respect by Mrs. Christy Wilhelm.
9th Grade Baby Pictures for Yearbook
Help Tamanend While You Shop or Recycle during the Holidays!
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop:
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card. Register your card and TMS will receive a percentage of your spendings.
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target's Take Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS; or, shop at the Box Top Market Place where you will find vendors such as Best Buy, KMart, Justice and more.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
Highlighted in a Previous TMS Update:
- Kelly Anne Dolan In-lieu-of-Gift cards are available in the TMS Guidance Office. Notify Mrs. Loudenslager or donate online: http://dolanfund.org/account (please note "Tamanend" when donating online).
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- Students currently taking an Algebra course will take the PA Keystone Exam in Algebra this year, unless they took the Algebra Keystone two years ago and were proficient. The following is a link with more information about the PA Keystone Exams: http://www.cbsd.org/curriculum/assessment/Pages/PA-Keystone-Exams.aspx.
- If you have a Twitter account, now you can get "Tiger Tweets" by following us @CBTamanendMS where we will proudly share good news and accomplishments of our students and staff.
Please read and share with others our "TMS Points of Pride."
Please volunteer to help make this year at TMS great!
- Click here to register to receive CBSD text alerts.