Stop Identity Theft
By: Trevor Oakes
What is Identity Theft ?
- Identity theft is someone using you account information
- Stealing identity is easier now because of access to computers
How to protect yourself
- Ways to Protect
- Shred all personal information
- Check receipts to see if all you credit card numbers are there
- Watch what you post on social network
How can someone steal your identity and what to do if it is stolen
- Dumpster Diving-Using personal information found in the trash to make bank accounts.
- Phishing- Creation of a phony website pretending to be a legitimate company
- If you find out you identity has been stolen you need to act as fast as possible to prevent damage
- Shut down bank accounts