4K A.M. Class
December 7, 2015
We read The Gingerbread Man by: Karen Schmidt. Then we decorated this Gingerbread Man. Ask your child what items we used to decorate the cookie.
While the cookie was baking we were afraid the Gingerbread Man would come alive and run away from us just like he did in the story.
We noticed our cookie changed a little bit after it came out of the oven. Ask your child how the cookie tasted.
- Have your child bring their decorated paper ornament to school by Monday, December 7th.
- I noticed that some of the extra pair of clothes that were sent in September are now getting too small. Please send an extra set of clothing if you think it is needed.
- Continue completing homework and reading class books at home. It seems like we may be missing a few. Thanks!
- December 16th will be Vision Screening.
Songs and Movement We Have Learned...
**Remember to try the movement activities, at home, listed on the December
Click on the links below to watch the You Tube videos-
ABC Mouse-Letter Hh song
Five Little Gingerbread Men (We didn't do this one in class, but try it out at home)
- We will be reading a story called Too Many Toys by: David Shannon. Afterwards, we will talk about the differences between things we want and things we need. Take some time to look at your child's list of wants and needs that they bring home.
- Continue introducing measuring tools to your child (ruler & tape measure). We will be making a winter tree by putting pieces of paper in order from shortest to longest.
- The children will have the opportunity to wrap pretend gifts and decorate a tree in the dramatic play area. Have your child help you do some of these tasks at home with you.
Letter Ii Activities...
1. Draw with an ink pen.
2. Measure items with a ruler to see how many inches they are.
3. Look for doors that say “in.”
4. Make ice.
5. Visit a store that sells instruments.
6. Eat an ice cream sandwich.
Practice "I" down, across, across
Practice "i" down, dot
Please bring a show and tell object that starts with the letter Ii on Thursday, December 10th. Have your child practice sharing one detail about their object to a family member to prepare them for our Show & Tell community circle time.