Mrs. Davies Technology Policy
Language Arts 10/20
I will choose elegantly efficient technology to activate my students with irresistable, engaging learning experiences.
General Internet Safety and Citizenship Guidelines
- Do not say or do things online that you would not do in person.
- Do not use offensive or abusive language. No name-calling, abbreviations or ALL CAPS.
- Guard your personal information: do not post identifying information online.
- Do not read other people's email or private documents. Be courteous and log off when another student has forgotten.
- No downloading. Do not download programs, games, applications or media unless instructed by your teacher.
- If you are threatened or bullied online or know of any such activity taking place, report it immediately to your teacher.
- Always cite your sources whether for text, images or information found online.
Be aware that not every day will be a green light day.
- The expectations for device use will be indicated by an arrow pointing to the appropriate coloured light on poster in classroom.
- If the BYOD or general guidelines are not followed students will be asked to place their device in the bin on teacher's desk for remainder of class.
- For those who do not have their own device, an iPad will be provided on green light days.
- Remember that you signed a technology agreement at the beginning of the school year, which applies to all classes.
- If you need to leave class to use the restroom you will be asked to leave your device in the bin on teacher's desk until you return.
- Take pride in the use of your personal devices:
- P – Purpose for using device is always educational
- R – Responsible use of devices is always expected
- I – Instructions for device use will always be followed
- D – Devices must always be using the school’s WiFi network
- E – Everyone will always conduct him or herself responsibly online
BYOD poster created by a student from Frisco Independent School District and PRIDE acronym: retrieved on May 29, 2014 http://blogs.fcps.net/byod/2013/03/11/byod-and-classroom-management-help/
Mr. Sheppard's Technology Policy https://sites.google.com/a/tuhsd.k12.az.us/mr-sheppard-classroom/about-the-class/technology-policy