Richey's First Take
Sunday, October 16, 2022
If you make something from the garden please send me a picture. firstname.lastname@example.org
Box Tops for Education
Did you know that the Box Tops for Education Program is 100% digital and it's an easy way to help earn funds for our PTO? Simply download the Box Tops for Education App to get started and be sure to share the information with your friends and family. We earn money when receipts with eligible items are scanned.
Note from Nurse O'Connor
Vision screenings for K,2,4 will be the week of 10/24/22. There will be a paper from Vision To Learn sent home with any student who fails the screening. When the paper comes back to the nurse signed by the parent/guardian she will schedule the Vision To Learn van to come to Richey where an optometrist will examine their eyes and order glasses if needed.
PTO Meeting 10/18/22 at 6:30pm
Topic: PTO Meeting
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 455 878 9913
10/21/22 - Storybook Character Day - Dress up as your Favorite Storybook Character! (No masks or weapons please)
10/26/22 - PAWS Fall Fun Fest - Fun Fall Activities for Students to enjoy!
10/28/22 - PAWS Spirit Day - Wear your Richey Spirit Wear or Blue and Yellow
On October 26, we will have our PAWS Fall Fun Fest and we could really use your help with decorating for the event. Do you have any hay bales, pumpkins, or scarecrows that you would like to donate? Please contact Jaclyn.Durant@redclay.k12.de.us
Interesting in volunteering at the event that afternoon? Please contact email@example.com
On October 25th Richey Welcomes SaulPaul!
On October 25th Richey Elementary is excited to welcome SaulPaul, a Grammy award-nominated musician with a message! He will perform his latest album “Be the Change '' for our students. His lyrics are filled with encouragement to be yourself and pursue your purpose. This week, students started the SaulPaul “Be the Change” challenge, where they will engage in 10 days of random acts of kindness activities here at school.
Delaware Smile Program
The Delaware Smile Check Program believes every child deserves a healthy mouth and smile. Dental services are available to students who have no dental insurance, are insured by Delaware Medicaid or Delaware Healthy Children Program, and have not received routine dental care (dental cleaning, examination, fluoride) in the past 7 months.
Richey Coat and Blanket Giveaway
- October 18: PTO Meeting
- October 19: RCCSD Board Meeting, Cab or Zoom: 7 PM
- October 21: Storybook Character Day - Dress up as your Favorite Storybook Character! (No masks or weapons please)
- October 25: RCCSD Choice Information Night, 6 PM, Location TBD
- October 26: PAWS Fall Fun Fest - Fun Fall Activities for Students to enjoy!
- October 28: PAWS Spirit Day - Wear your Richey Spirit Wear or Blue and Yellow
- October 28: PTO's Trunk or Treat, 5:30 PM-7:30 PM
- October 28: Richey Coat and Blanket Giveaway
- November 1: End of First Marking Period
- November 7: No School - Staff Inservice
- November 7: 23/24 School Choice Application Opens
- November 8: Election Day - Schools and Offices Closed
- November 11: Veterans Day - Schools and Offices Closed
- November 14: Cab Calloway Choice Open House 6:00 pm
- November 16: Red Clay Board Meeting 7:00 pm. At Richardson Park or on Zoom
- November 17: Conrad Schools of Science Choice Open House 6:00 pm
- November 21-22: Parent/Guardian Conferences- Schools Closed
- November 23: No School - Staff Inservice
- November 24-25: Thanksgiving Break- Schools and Offices Closed
- November 28: Dickinson (MYP ONLY) Choice Open House 6:00 pm
- November 29: Brandywine Springs (Middle School Only) Open House 6:00 pm
Weekend Food from the Food Bank of Delaware
Richey partners with the Food Bank of Delaware to provide our students with non-perishable food to take home on the weekends. No applications or verification to participate. If you would like your student(s) to bring home food on the weekends, please return the Interest Slip that was sent home to Mrs. Durant or send her an email at Jaclyn.Durant@redclay.k12.de.us
Students are late after 9:00 am. It is very important for our students to be here before 9:00 am because we start our instructional day at 9:00 am.
Students arriving after 9 am require their parent/guardian to enter the school to sign them in for the school day.
Where's the bus App
Wouldn’t it be great if you could learn the exact location of your child’s bus, and what time it will arrive at their stop? Red Clay has an app for that! WheresTheBusTM allows families to follow the progress of the bus before it arrives at the student’s assigned stop. Knowing when the bus will arrive translates into peace of mind for parents. Mornings are less hectic and stressful for families when you eliminate the bus stop rush and uncertainty of wondering when the bus will arrive. Families can minimize waiting outside in inclement weather while enjoying more family time together.
- The app also allows parents to see in real-time where the bus is and when their student checked in on the bus and off of the bus. This allows parents to know that the student has arrived at school in the morning and returned home in the afternoon.
Signing up is free, and takes less than 5 minutes.
1. Open the Parents Section (on the Left).
2. Click Set Up Free Account
3. Select Red Clay School District (DE) from the drop-down list.
4. Enter Parent and Student information
5. Once Completed, you will receive an email to download the app.