Foundation Stage Newsletter
As always thank you for all your continued support.
Our topic for the term is A long time ago.
Here is a summary of what the children will be learning across the curriculum.
We will use key texts to explore lists, postcards and menus. We will also continue to learn how to write simple stories by adapting ones we learn off by heart. We will continue to have daily phonics and hold a sentence. This term we will develop being independent writers using our phonic knowledge to spell and to write simple sentences with capital letters, finger spaces and full stops.
This half term we will be learning to recognise and count teen numbers. We will order and find missing numbers. We will be using a range of resources to explore teen numbers such as numicon.
In topic we will be learning how to create a moving picture. We will explore different ways of doing this and then design and create our own. In computing we are learning to take photos and create our own EBook. In music we will be exploring the sounds and how to play untuned instruments.
Dates for your diary
Wednesday 18th April & Thursday 19th April - Parents Evening
Wednesday 18th April until Wednesday 25th - Book fayre in school
Thursday 19th April - Academy consultation starts (ends on 14th May)
Monday 30th April - Class Photos
Monday 7th May - Bank Holiday, school closed
Monday 14th May - SATs week - standidised tests for year two children. Please ask your child's class teacher if you require further information.
Friday 25th May - Finish for half term
Please check the calendar for up-to-date calendar dates for the coming half term and beyond. The 'OurSchools' app is also great for getting reminders for diary dates too. You can sign up for that and receive information directly to your phone.
How can you help?
Complete homework activities which have been sent home in a yellow book. Choose one each week and return every Thursday.
Here are some links to useful sites where your child can learn from home.
- Please read with your child. Many of yor children are bringing a coloured book home. Please take time supporting your child to read this book. Encouarge them to use their phonic knowledge. As they read pause and ask simple questions to support their comprehension skils too. Questions you could ask are in your childs reading wallet that they bring home.
- Picnic on Pluto. Find the real and nonsense words. https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/PicnicOnPluto.html
- Can you order the numbers? https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ordering-and-sequencing/chinese-dragon-ordering
- Can you find the right number? https://www.education.com/game/11-20-cloud-catcher/
- What can you find out about space? https://www.esa.int/esaKIDSen/
- Can you write a fact file for a dinosaur?