Mrs. Lilavois' Class Updates
AP Environmental & Biology
If would like to donate to my classroom I am in need of: Kleenex, disinfectant wipes, paper towels, wipe board cloths and markers, and copy paper.
What does the Homework look like in APES?
- Guided Questions (provided). Students should be taking HANDWRITTEN notes from the book.
- Reading Quizzes- 2x week
- FRQ's- Free Response Questions- YES they NEED to PREPARE for these.
- Occasional video lectures at home
- Watch videos that pertain to content in AP curriculum
Check out the website above and click on our class for an example unit. We are currently on Unit 2
- Exam- Unit 2- Thursday 9/17- FRQ exam and Friday 9/18 MC exam
- Biome Project due 9/14
How to be successful in APES
- Study Daily
- work on practice problems (www.learnerator.com)
- Study and research FRQ topics 60% of Exam score is writing
- committed to study in the Spring
- Go to Review sessions in the spring (A+ & Mrs. L's writing workshop)
- Study, Study, and Study some more! This is a college level class!
Current Unit- 2: Ecology
~ 3 weeks
Unit Exam~ Mid September TBA
Weekly Chapter Super quizzes
Mid Unit Test- Standard Check
Project- Biomes- Due Sept. 10 (Test grade)
What does Homework look like in Biology Class?
- Occasional videos- on website along with questions to answer (~ 5-10 only)
- Reading Textbook or Text (website), case study (website) with guided notes
- Power point- guided notes and print out for class or home
What does classwork look like?
- Videos- content; lecture- guided lecture, activities- wet lab or dry labs, webquest, projects, and Problem Based learning through Case studies
Who Stole Jerrell's iPhone? - Biology Lab
I am married with two young girls, 11 and 7. i have two dogs and love living in the country! My husband coaches for HSV in soccer and has been coaching for over 10 years in the college level. I was born/raised in California, but I am turning into a true southerner! Just have to go to a College Football game! Roll Tide?? War Eagle?? Go UCLA! :)
Please feel free to email me with any questions!
Again, Welcome to the new school year! I am excited to get to know your son /daughter and to get them excited about learning in Science