September 19, 2016 - September 23, 2016
Curriculum Night Agenda
Here is the agenda for September 20th (K & 2) and September 27th (1st & 3rd)
How will we continue to ensure we are utilizing the M-Powerment strategies?
- Focus on 1 strategy each month
- Showcase teachers that are demonstrating each M-Powerment strategy in their classroom
- Share/Present during our Staff Collaboration
Teachers collaborate to create a culture of caring
where every child every day
feels valued and nurtured.
Remember to be INTENTIONAL, PURPOSEFUL & ACCOUNTABLE with our Balanced Literacy program at Park View. Fidelity at the CORE is the most important thing for success for ALL students.
The focus on:
Anchor charts (i-charts) for purpose
True independent READING time with purpose- have the students share their thinking
Differentiated independent stations
Valuable activities for early finishers
GR groups based on their instructional reading level (reading accurately, oral comprehension) teacher(s) using mClass data to know where to focus instruction (written response to text)
- Instructional practice of written response to text - during CORE instruction (shared reading & strategy mini-lessons) and during guided reading
BTOY & TOY Celebration
During our early release day on the 28th we will be working on our PDP and reviewing our grade level PLC for the following week.
- Complete PDP (more info to come)
- Review and vote on the SIP
- Grade Level PLC (kid talk: discuss data-student strengths and weakneses, possible students for MTSS-behavioral/academic
Enhancements/Recess on ER Day
- Every ER day we swap who has enhancements this day.
- The question came up about recess...How can the other class who doesn't have enhancements get recess?
- We will NOT have outside recess on ER days. I know we have in the past, but when you think of the amount of time that we are in school, the students are leaving us 2 hours earlier than normal.
- Instead of a 30 minute recess, what can we do?
- Brain breaks
- Stretch and movement
- NCTIES has opened our Call to Present Applications. If you are interested in presenting at our 2017 Endless Possibilities conference, please submit your proposal at http://conference.ncties.org/FORMS/CFP/cfp_login.php?formid=14003441 The application process will be open from September 8, 2016 until October 24th, 2016.
- We now have the ability to change the name of your BB Learn Classes! Please see directions here on how to change the name of your classes as well as hiding classes you do not wish to see in your Class Module.
- Create custom searches
- A safe way to have students search using Google with boundaries.
- Other ways to use Google.
Book Fair is coming! For those who are new to PV, we have each class come for a preview during which they will fill out a wish list. They do not need to bring anything. Kinders we appreciate you staying to help us with the writing since they can’t do that yet! Everyone else can drop their class off for those 20 minutes.
During shopping time you can bring the students who are buying or if you need to bring all of them and the kids who are not shopping can sit and wait. We no longer have a TV/DVD to play a movie.
Make sure you sign up on BOTH sheets so you do not miss the fun! I’d love if you would put the family night on your class newsletters. It will be Thursday, Oct. 6, 3-7. Parents may come anytime, but that is when we are open late.
Any questions please ask!
Preview days will be Sept. 29, 30 and Oct. 3. Buying days will be Tues. Oct. 4-7.
Please make sure each class signs up for both a PREVIEW and a BUYING time on the two links below. The
Thursday, October 6, Family Night 3-7pm
- Reminder....window will be open until September 29th
Anyone interested in losing weight in a safe and healthy way? Susie Harkey is taking names of anyone interested in bringing a Weight Watcher’s meeting to Park View. After 20 people have signed up, an interest meeting will be scheduled and you can decide if Weight Watchers is right for you. If enough are committed it may be possible to have a meeting at school. A sign up for the interest meeting will be available in the media center, or just email email@example.com and she will add you to her list.
Good morning and Happy Friday!
EMIS wants our staff and our "cousins" at Park View to be as happy and healthy as we can be this 2016-17 school year! In order to help facilitate that, we have partnered with two AMAZING instructors to offer fitness classes to our EMIS and PV staff! All are welcome to attend! Classes will be held every Monday from 3:30 - 4:30 pm in the EMIS Gym. We will alternate classes, so we will have a REFIT Fitness class one week and a YOGA class the next week. Our first class will be held this Monday, September 19 and we will start off with a heart pumping REFIT class!
1. REFIT Class - our own Lisa LaRusso will be teaching this awesome fitness class. Please wear comfortable clothes and tennis shoes. Here is a description of the REFIT class...
REFIT® is a fitness community. Our vision is to create a fitness experience that changes people from the inside out, and this vision is accomplished by focusing on the heart as a muscle AND a soul. People don’t have to get fit in order to be fit at REFIT® –our workouts are designed for every body regardless of age, shape, size or ability.
REFIT® creates a powerful, uplifting fitness experience that lasts well beyond the workout. Are you ready to join the revolution?
2. YOGA Class - Susan Schall (yoga instructor from Your Karma and mom to Jakob and Maggie, who are former EMIS students) will be teaching an amazing YOGA class. This will be a beginner level yoga class that will focus on stretching, breathing and toning. Any skill level is welcome to attend! Please wear comfortable clothes and bring a yoga mat, if you have one. If not, she will have extras available for you to use!
The cost for each REFIT or YOGA class will be $5 per person. Cash is preferred, but checks will be accepted. In addition, pre-registration and pre-payment is preferred. That way, Lisa and Susan know how many people to expect and Susan will know how many yoga mats to bring. Of course, if you want to join in at the last minute, that is okay, too! Please pre-register by sending an email to Kim Killian at EMIS.
We look forward to joining together to enjoy a happy and healthy school year!
Lisa LaRusso just found out that she has a 3:00 meeting on Monday, 9/19, so she will not be able to teach her REFIT class after all. Susan Schall will be teaching YOGA instead! We hope you can join us and look forward to seeing you there!
Week of September 19th-23rd
Monday, September 19th
Tuesday, September 20th
Curriculum Night Kindergarten 5:30-6:30
Wednesday, September 21st
Thursday, September 22nd
SIT 3:30 Conference Room
Friday, September 23rd
Sept 27 1 & 3 Curriculum Night 5:30-730
Sept 28 Early Release - District PD
Sept 29 TA Collaboration