Ernest Hemingway Biography
20 interesting facts
- 1.He thought the FBI was spying on him turning out they were.
2.Hemingway survived several illness example :
malaria, pneumonia, dysentery, skin cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, two plane crashes, a ruptured kidney, a ruptured liver, a crushed vertebra, a fractured skull, mortar shrapnel wounds, three car crashes and bushfire burns and more.
3.Ernest mother often dressed him and his sister with matching flowery dresses because she wanted twins.
4.When his plane burst into flames on the runway and with his door jammed, Hemingway used his head as a battering ram, butted the door twice and got out.
5.There is a Hemingway look-like society.
6.American actor Orson Welles and Ernest Hemingway became great friends after getting into a fist-fight with each other in a theater.
7. Hemingway wrote a 6 word short story because of a bar room bet.
8.Hemingway’s wife lost a suitcase at a train station in 1922. In that suitcase was just about every piece of writing Hemingway had completed up until that point. So he had to start all over again from scratch.
9. He wanted to fight in World War I, but was denied due to his wretched eye sight. However, he convinced the military to make him an ambulance driver.
10.During his 62 years, he married four times and divorced three times (Hadley Richardson, Pauline Pfeiffer, Martha Gellhorn, Mar Welsh Hemingway). Martha Gellhorn never liked being Hemingway’s third wife and required that interviewers not mention the man.
11.Ernest killed himself with his favorite shotgun, purchased from Abercrombie & Fitch.
12. Ernest stole a urinal from his favorite bar claiming that he had “pissed away” enough money into it that, as a result, he should own it. He ended up sticking the urinal in his house.
15.Ernest used to fight people for James Joyce.
16. He was an extreme fisherman who killed sharks with machine guns.
17. He hunted U-Boats for the Hooligan Navy.
18.He was a cat person.
19.He Was A boxer