February 2021 Newsletter
This spring, due to COVID-19, parent-teacher conferences will be completed by Zoom. Each child will bring home a flyer with the date and time of your conference. To confirm your conference time, please sign and date the form and return it to your child’s classroom teacher. A link to the Zoom conference will be sent to you by email.
Parent Teacher Conference Dates
Thursday, February 18
Monday, February 22
Monday, February 15th and Tuesday, February 16th
Beginning on January 19, 2021 all Fargo Public Schools moved to having in-person classes five days a week, Monday through Friday.
A Reminder of Building Procedures
Madison opens its doors at 8:25am for students to enter.
· All Fargo Public Schools are now operating at a Level 4 – In Person with restrictions. While in Level 4, Madison Elementary will continue using different doors to allow students to enter the building. Please us these doors to help maintain social distancing.
Kindergarten – Door 3 at the north parking lot
1st and 2nd grade – Door 10 at the south end of the school - walk through the fence at the south end of the building
3rd grade – Door 5 on the east side of the building
4th and 5th grade – Door 9 on the southeast side of the building
· Please remind your student(s) to maintain a 6-foot distance between themselves and other students as they wait to enter the school building.
· If your student arrives late to school, you must use door 5 and buzz to enter the building.
· Madison Elementary will end its school day at 3:02 pm.
· Students are expected to ride the bus home, walk home, get picked up by a parent/guardian or attend the MASH program.
· Parents/Guardians are expected to be on time for pick up at 3:02pm.
· Parents/Guardians are only allowed to enter the building if you have a scheduled appointment with a Madison Elementary staff member.
· If a parent/guardian is picking up a student for an appointment or if a student is ill, we would ask you to call the Madison office when you arrive and wait in your vehicle. A staff member will bring your student to you.
Fargo Public Schools Kindergarten Registration
Kindergarten Registration for Fall 2021 opens online at www.fargo.k12.nd.us/registration on February 1, 2021. Child must be age 5 by July 31, 2021 to attend school in the fall.
Registration is a two-step process:
STEP ONE: REGISTRATION ONLINE
Complete online registration forms at www.fargo.k12.nd.us/registration. For assistance, please contact your child’s school to schedule an appointment to complete in-person. (Masks are required for all visitors)
STEP TWO: SUBMIT DOCUMENTATION
Upload or bring the following documents to your child’s school before August 25, 2021 to finalize registration.
- Child’s certified birth certificate
- Child’s current immunization record, with 5 year shots
- Document (i.e. current city utility bill or bank statement) that includes parent/guardian name and address to verify the correct neighborhood school
If you do not know which school your child will attend, call 701-446-1043 or check online at www.fargo.k12.nd.us/boundarymaps.
If you need PowerSchool help, please call 701-446-1030.
Trollwood Performing Arts School 2021 Summer Registration Open
Get ready to Color Your Summer! Trollwood Performing Arts School is excited to welcome students back to the stage with a full array of 2021 summer performing arts educational opportunities. 2020 was a difficult year for those who are passionate about performing arts. Many classes and performances were canceled due to COVID-19. Upcoming summer arts programming will help students rekindle their affection for the arts, boost their creativity, and pave the way for their future, whether they aspire to pursue a career in the arts or any other professional opportunities. To register, visit www.trollwood.org/registration/registration-forms. More information about Trollwood Performing Arts School can be found at www.trollwood.org
Winter Dress Code and School Policy
Madison School places high expectations for appropriate student clothing for the winter weather. The district’s policy states that students will go outside for recess up to -15 degrees below zero. All students should have proper clothing to go outside: winter jacket, gloves/mittens, boots and hats. In order to be safe and warm, we expect all students to be prepared for the cold weather every day.