- medicine diagnose and treat diseases and injuries of pets.
- examine the animal to determine the nature of disease or injury and treats the animal medically or surgically.
- test dietary herds, horses, sheep, and other animals for diseases and inoculates animals against rabies, brucellosis, and other disorders.
earning potential: $51,000
training and education requirements
- complete 4 years of pre-veterinary education
- attend a 4 year college of veterinary medicine
- prerequisites include: biology. chemistry, animal nutrition, zoology, and other college courses
employment is expected to grow 36%
top 2 reasons it would appeal:
- i love animals
- i would like to work and care for them
veterinarian public health (medical service)
veterinarian radiologist (medical service)