By - Maldini Ortega P. 2
- China's capital is Beijing
- Its bordered by many seas which are the East China Sea, Yellow Sea, and South China Sea and has more than 50,000 rivers
- China has also been divided into 5 regions which is Eastern China( Northeast plain, North plan, and Southern Hills ), Xinjiang-Mongolia, and the Tibetan-highlands
- China's the 3rd largest country
- mountains(33%), plateaus(26%), and hills(10%) make up around 70% of China's land, while arable land in low plains are 12%, and basins are 19%.
- The Great Wall of China is also part of its geography
- The five most well known mountains are Mt. Taishan, Mt. Huashan, Mt. Hengshan, and Mt. Songshan
- population of about 1,356,000
- mainly the land is made up of city's
- there are a large number of mass organizations in china, which carry out there activities independently in accordance with the constitution and the law. Subordinate units of these organizations are distributed in the cities and rural areas, working to unite workers, women, young people and others of this life nationwide.
- They participate in national and political life and play an important role in coordinating social and political affairs and safeguarding the legitimate rights and interests of the people
Customs and Tradition
- stress obedience and deference to elders and responsibility to the community
- Have a large festival from mid-january to mid-february to honor ancestors
- Official language is Mandarin
- Language originated from the Sino-Tibetan
- Republican form of gov.
- Divide among several bodies the National Peoples Congress, State Council, Supreme Peoples Court, Supreme Peoples Procuratorate, Peoples Liberation Army via Central MilitaryCommission
- Confucianism, Taoism, and Buddhism made up the religion up until now.
- It is more family oriented and they prefer cultural practices than the term religion
- Largest manufacturing economy
- Second largest economy
Arts and Literature
- Have six classical arts which are poetry, dance, music, painting, architecture, and sculpture.
- These arts have been practiced for hundreds and thousands of yrs
2) Who is the current U.S. President?