Volume 29, Week(s) 5/8 - 5/25
Lead Learner's Message
Goooooood afternoon #BroncoStrong faculty and staff. It is hard to believe we are about to begin our the last week of school! It has been a great year, but I know you are all looking forward to a little downtime......you deserve it. Please make sure you read through this volume and let me know if you have any questions. I will send an invite to summer school teachers for an afternoon meeting on Thursday when kids are let out. It shouldn't take longer than 30-45 minutes. Thanks to all faculty and staff for every thing you do!
Now, get out there and ignite your shine, have fun, and make the last week of school count!
#BroncoStrong #BroncoNation #KeepBuildingRelationships
2. May 22nd - Beginner Band Horn Drive.
3. May 24th - BISD Retirement Reception from 3-5pm at the Poplar.
4. May 25th - Last day of School (we will be on an early release bell schedule).
5. May 25th - 8th grade VB tournament - 6 teams will work to secure a spot in the championship against BJHS Faculty & Staff.
6. May 26th - BHS Graduation at 7pm in the "new gym".
2. END-OF-YEAR CHECKLIST DUE BY 5/26 AT NOON.
3. Please make sure you attend two PD days during the summer to qualify for comp days next year. Make sure you turn the certificates in to Sally. (There will be in-district opportunities for PD, see the email from Mrs. Johnson.)
A BIG SHOUT OUT to Mrs. BOLES for playing a fun noun Bingo game....the students really enjoyed it!
Another BIG SHOUT OUT to Mrs. BUFKIN having her students play an engaging math Jeopardy game to learn mean, median and mode!
A BIG SHOUT OUT to Mrs. Bay for the fun Kahoot review game and for having a very interactive lesson when kids were learning about how the heart pumps blood!
More Shout Outs for being PURE AWESOME SAUCE
2. Great job MR. B for being proactive and taking care of his STAAR training before surgery and then staying tough after knee surgery by coming in the next day to keep reviewing kids for the STAAR exam.
3. Great job Angel G. and Shaden B. for being greeters at our awards assembly.
2016-2017 BJHS Awards Ceremony
Educators always need to "KNOW YOUR WHY"
This is only 3.5 minutes long, but it is very powerful and worth watching!