AFC Jr/Sr High School
Congratulations to our April Students of the Month!
Please see below for what teachers had to say about our winners (not pictured: Larrell McClain):
7th Grade: Brianna Bonito
- The 7th grade Student of the Month for April is Brianna Bonito. Brianna is a pleasant student who always has a smile on her face. She puts great effort into her assignments and it is obvious she wants to do well. She will ask questions to ensure she understands the task at hand. She is polite and respectful to staff. Congratulations, Brianna Bonito!
8th Grade: Justin Henert
- Justin Henert is April’s student of the month for 8th grade. He has excelled in his classes this year but the greatest attribute Justin demonstrates is leadership. In the classroom we have observed Justin develop into a responsible, respectful young man. He is ready for high school and the teachers will be impressed with his high regard for learning and his maturity. Congratulations Justin; you will do great things!
9th Grade: Gracee Holmgren
- The Freshmen Class Student of the Month for April is Gracee Holmgren. Gracee works hard in all of her classes. She goes out of her way to communicate with her teachers and understand the content. Gracee is very friendly and kind.
10th Grade: Madison Holbrook
- Madison Holbrook is a student that cares about her school work, her family and her community. She always has a kind word to say about anyone and volunteers to help at the first opportunity. Madison is always a bright spot in anyone's day!
11th Grade: Jillian McLaughlin
- Jillian McLaughlin is a wonderful student to have in class. She is polite and thoughtful and can always bring a smile to anyone’s face, especially when she’s cracks herself up telling jokes. She is willing to volunteer and does the job correctly the first time.
12th Grade: Larrell McClain
- Larrell is an enthusiastic student with a positive outlook and attitude. He exudes pride and self-motivation when it comes to his pursuit of education at barber school.
Summer Workers Needed!
PTC Summer Bash
Junior High Yearbook Information
Lee County Health Department Resource
Important Upcoming Dates
Honor's Night: May 11, 7 pm
Commencement: May 21, 10 am
8th Grade Graduation: May 25, 7 pm
Resources Available from Rosecrance Health Network
The Rosecrance PEI Program is an evidence-based alcohol and drug education program for families, schools, law enforcement, physicians, service providers, and judicial circuit courts. The program is designed to provide education, support, and direction to teens and their families who may be at risk of more serious involvement with alcohol and other drugs.
Rosecrance Virtual Cafe
At Rosecrance, we provide a range of family support services including counseling, support, education, and information. One of these support services is our Parent Café. Parents need to know that they are not alone as their adolescent or young adult struggles with substance use and/or mental health disorders.Through Parent Café, our staff will help you talk with other parents who are going through similar experiences. You can learn what has worked for others and develop a strategy that makes sense for you.
At the request of our community, a confidential, free support group has been organized by Rosecrance and is open to all parents and/or guardians.This support group will be held virtually and requires participants to register in advance. A clinician will be available online and will facilitate the group.