Demeter's parents were Rhea and Cronus.
Her daughters name was Persephone.
Demeter had no spouse.
Her Roman name was Ceres.
Demeter was the goddess of Harvest.
Demeter was immortal.
10 Facts About Demeter
- Demeter's daughter was forced to live with Hades for four months which is winter.
- Usually wearing a dark clock and holding a golden sword in her hands.
- The first loaf of bread made from the annual harvest was offered to her.
- Provided all nutrition on Earth.
- Demeter was Zeus's sister and Persephone's father.
- Demeter was older that Dionysus they were both great gods of the Earth.
- She was also God of life and the death cycle.
- Demeter was the only Greek goddess who could truly empathize with the human experience of suffering and grief.
- Demeter was the most generous of the great Olympian goddess.
- Persephone's ate 6 pomegranate seeds she had to spend 6 months with Hades.
- Crocus flower
I chose Demeter because of her generosity. And because of how much she helped man-kind. Demeter was very generous, nurturing, and she deeply loved her family. I too love my family, and like to be as generous as possible. Demeter fights for what is right. I also like for things too be as equally right for everyone. Demeter shared the gifts of harvest with man-kind. And I like to share as often as I can with others too.