Weekly News & Notes - February 8th - 12th
Upcoming Events . . .
February 1st - 29th
- Book Donations Being Accepted for the Titus Book Swap - See Information Below
February 8th - 9th:
- Grade 6 -Human Growth & Development
- Home & School Association General Meeting - Titus Dining Room - 7:00 PM
- NOVA Parent Presentation - Cyberbullying - Groveland Elementary School - 7:00 PM -See Information Below
- CB South Back-to-School Night
- President's Day - School Holiday
February 16th -19th:
- Grade 2 - Peace Valley In-Class Assembly Program
February 16th - 17th:
- Grade 4 - Human Growth & Development
- Home & School Association Bingo Night - Titus Dining Room - 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- See below for more information and to register for the evening
- Home & School Association Bingo Night - Snow Date
Paws for Pride . . .
For the months of January and February we will be celebrating our theme of Individual Responsibility in our Paws for PRIDE program. Congratulations to our winners for this week: Frankie Tasey, Sean Pearce, Evan Rumford, Kayla DeSimone, Faye Garman, Bryce Gordon, and Dalton VanZanten
These students were chosen at random to be recognized and celebrated for demonstrating one of our five character traits - Pride, Respect, Individual Responsibility, Determination & Empathy. Thank you to all of the Titus families for your support of our Paws for PRIDE program.
4th Annual Titus Book Swap . . .
In celebration of Dr. Seuss’ birthday, we will hold our 4th Annual Titus Book Swap on March 2nd. We ask that you search your book shelves for gently used trade books, chapter books, children’s cookbooks, etc. to donate to this event. Beginning Monday February 1st, boxes will be located in the rotunda labeled by grade/reading level. Please deposit the books in the appropriate boxes.
We ask each child to donate between 2-4 books. We are looking forward to another successful year of swapping out our favorite titles!!!
Titus' Wellness Ambassadors . . .
Our Wellness Ambassadors for 2016-20 17 have been hard at work with weekly morning announcements on Mondays.
- Dylan and Jeremy in 4th grade are focusing on the nutrition value of the snacks we choose to eat
- Mia and Emma in 5th grade are focusing on the new foods offered in the cafeteria this year and continuing with their theme of Try It!
- Cole and Vaughn in 6th grade are focusing on nutrition in our packed lunches from home. They will also coordinate the “Activity Challenge” in the spring for 5th and 6th grade students.
QUEST - Extending Beyond Classroom . . .
Titus 4th graders have been working on a biomedical engineering project in QUEST. Students are working in small groups to design and build a prosthetic leg for a client. In order to learn more about prosthetic legs, the students met with guest speaker Jim Concannon. Mr. Concannon wears a prosthetic leg and is able to scuba dive, golf, and play basketball. The students enjoyed hearing about how his leg works and what it’s like to wear a prosthesis, and they received many suggestions that they will use as they are engineering their own legs!
Cyberbullying Prevention Presentation for Parents
Network of Victim’s Assistance, or NOVA, is a valuable resource for our school district and the community, offering resources and personal safety education programs. They have presented to our students for almost 20 years. NOVA will once again be bringing their cyberbullying prevention program to all Central Bucks 5th grade students this January and February.
Please join us for a parent informational session on cyberbullying on Wednesday, February 10th, at 7:00 pm at Groveland Elementary School, 100 North Easton Road, Doylestown, PA 18901. Parents and guardians of students in all elementary grade levels are invited. The snow date is Thursday, March 3rd.
Topics will include:
An overview of the NOVA cyberbullying prevention program presented to 5th graders
Current trends in Social Media, free message Apps, and online gaming
Examples, tips for parents, and Q&A with Detective Sergeant Dante Montella, Warwick Township Police Department
We hope you will join us for this important presentation.
Titus' Young Artists . . .
The following 20 Terrific Titus Tiger students will have their artwork on display at the Yogurtree for the month of February. There will be an opening reception on February 10th from 6:30 PM - 7:30PM.
- Grade 1: Tyler Rehr, Aarya Sethukarthy, Angela Chen, Dhriti Kiran
- Grade 2: Gavin Tarka, Ben Treude, Morgan Hughes, Lucas Mohr
- Grade 3: Alex Cannon, Jesica Sun, Lily Noll, Sophia Jacob
- Grade 4: Emma Deeken, Sehaj Verma
- Grade 5: Olivia Carroll, Olivia Bradley, Ben Kim, Austin Zhang
- Grade 6: Joelle Park, Cole Maholtz
Follow us on Twitter . . .
Home & School Association:
Home & School Nominations Needed . . .
The Home & School Executive Board has gone through some recent reorganization. During the reorganization Mrs. Wanda Rumford has assumed the position of the Home & School Board President in the absence of Mrs. Tracy Mills. This leaves two vacancies on the Home & School Association's Executive Board - Vice President & Co-Vice President.
An election for the open positons will be held during the next general meeting - February 9th, at 7:00 PM in the Titus Dining Room. If you are interested, more information regarding home and school, the positions and the by-laws can be found by clicking here. All interested parties should forward their names to Mr. Cashman no later than the end of the day on February 8th. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Mr. Cashman. We cannot do this without your help!
Yearbook - Pictures Needed . . .
Just a reminder: If anyone has pictures from any Titus event, we would love to include them in the yearbook. Please follow this link to add them to the Titus Dropbox or email them to Kerry Veith. In addition to events, we can always use pictures from grade specific activities (100th day, field trips, etc) and 1st Day of school pictures. Deadline for September thru December events is Friday, February 5th.
Even just one picture makes a difference! If you have any questions, please email Kerry Veith.
Family Bingo Night . . .
Please join us:
- When: Friday, February 19th, 2016 ( Snow Date: February 26th) 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Where: Titus Dining Room
Please register by clicking here. Space is limited to 300 registrants. The event will be closed to additional registrants once our limit is reached. When registering please indicate number of adults and children (boys/girls) so we can ensure adequate prizes for everyone. Tickets for snacks and water will be sent home with your child on Tuesday, February 16th. If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact Bethany Magrann.
Yearbook - Classroom Help Needed . . .
We are in need of a volunteer to do a one-page classroom collage for the following classes: Mrs. Schmidt, Mrs. Nero, Mrs. Radomski, Mrs. Maiese, Mr. Behling, and Mrs. D'Onofrio. Email Kerry Veith at if you are interested or have any questions.
Box Tops Update . . .
Thank you to everyone who sent in box tops last month. We collected 5,033 box tops! Congratulations to Miss Brennan's 2nd grade class for sending in the highest number of box tops last month with 609! For the months of January and February, we will be doing a Box Tops Make Your Own Sundae contest. For every 10 Box Tops a class brings in, they will receive a ticket in a raffle box. At the end of February, we will draw a winning ticket out of the raffle box. The class that has the winning ticket will receive an ice cream sundae party. The more Box Tops a class brings in, the greater their chances of winning!
The Rita's Water Ice contest standings are as follows:
- 1st place -Miss Anderson's 4th grade class
- 2nd place - Mrs. Duffy's 5th grade class
- 3rd place - Mrs. Scherr's 5th grade class
This contest will continue until the end of May, so please continue sending in your Box Tops for each month.