MVVS News and Notes
It takes a village...
We will Engage, Challenge, and Support All Learners
September 17, 2021
Ice Cream Social = Amazing Night!
- Bus Pick Up Times: Newly published bus pick up times can be found here.
- Middle School Tuition Committee: The Mont Vernon School Board is looking for 7 Mont Vernon residents to serve on this committee to evaluate the community's middle school needs. Please click here for more information.
- NWEA Assessment: Our students will begin the NWEA assessment next week (Literacy - Week 9/20 & Math - Week of 9/27). Each session is 45 minutes. Please click here for our schedule.
- Holiday Needs: If your family has needs for the holiday season, please reach out to Anna Girard (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kim Deppen (email@example.com).
Summer Reading Follow-Up
MVVS partnered with the Daland Memorial Library over the summer to promote reading among our students. Many students participated in this fun event. Students who were not able to participate were asked to read two books over the summer and write a short reflection (one or two sentences) about each book. Ms. JoAnn and Mrs. Garrity are offering a fun activity, tailored to the grade level, with the most participants. The deadline to submit the two book reflections has been extended until September 30th.
- The MVVS PTA Membership Drive has begun! Flyers and membership forms went home with students last week and can be returned to teachers. Families and staff can also join the PTA through our new MVVS PTA website (click here)! The grade with the highest percentage of memberships will get a pizza party (at the teachers convenience). The membership drive will run through September, winning grade will be announced in October. Stay tuned for updates!
- The new MVVS PTA Website is up and running! Check it often for updates to events and activities, as well as for membership information.
- Don't forget to stop by the PTA table at Lamson Farm Day
- Save the Date: Movie Night - Friday, October 15th
COVID Guidelines Update
Assuming we begin the school year in yellow status, the following will be a few important points at MVVS:
- Masks are required indoors for students and staff.
- Designated volunteers will be allowed to access the building.
- Parent meetings can be done remotely or in-person with masks.
- Students are permitted to remove masks to have a snack each morning.
- Lunches are in the Multi-Purpose Room (MPR) and outside if possible.
- We are integrating mask breaks into our day.
- Masks are not be required in playground and outdoor areas.
9/21-10/1 - NWEA Testing (Math/Literacy)
9/25 - Lamson Farms Day, 9:00a-12:00p, Lamson Farm
10/15 - PTA Sponsored Movie Night