February 12th-February 16th
Assistant Principal Ryan's Note
Our PARCC testing dates will be April 3-6 and April 9-12 for 3rd and 4th grade. If you can avoid scheduling vacations or appointments on these dates would be greatly appreciated.
Monday, February 19th
- No School--President's Day
Wednesday, February 21st
- Second Grade Music Show, 9:30am, Harper auditorium
Wednesday, February 21st
- February Birthday Lunch
Saturday, February 24th
- Special Board of Education Meeting, MEC, 8 am - 12 pm
Monday, February 26th
- Board of Education Meeting, MEC, 7pm
Tuesday, February 27th
- Teacher Appreciation Week--Flower Day!
Wednesday, February 28th
- Harper Open House, 6:30-7:30pm
Wednesday, March 7th
- Choral Fest, Regina Dominican High school, 7pm
- No school- Spring Break
- The Yearbook Committee wants your Valentine's Day Party Photos! Next week is the last classroom party photo opportunity for this years yearbook. If you haven’t tried the ReplayIt app for uploading photos to Yearbook, it’s so easy. Below is a guide on how to set it up. Download the app and give it a try www.replayit.com (password is HarperRocks). Please contact email@example.com with questions.
- BOX TOPS SUBMISSION IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER - END OF FEBRUARY! If every child at Harper collects and turns in 15 BOX TOPS, we can reach our goal of raising $1000 for the school! Please see the attached list of participating products. Keep in mind when clipping that the expiration date must be visible and not expired. There is a collection box in the front entrance of Harper - purchase the product, clip the Box Top, check the expiration date, and turn in to the school. Thank you and keep on clipping!
Teacher Appreciation Week is February 26-March 2! Look for an email from your room parent with a request for volunteers and a special gift we need your children's help making for the teachers. Tuesday, February 27th is Flower Day-each child bring three flowers for teacher/staff bouquets. All week long you can donate pods for the k-cup in the teacher's lounge.
- Girls on the Run Registration is OPEN! Click here to register. So far we have interest from 25 girls, but only enough coaches to accommodate 15 girls. A lottery will be held on Sunday, Feb. 25, unless we are able to get more volunteer coaches. The program starts in mid-March and ends with a 5K in Grant Park on Saturday, May 19. Questions? Contact Ali Wenzke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Looking to get involved next year on the Harper PTO?? The Nominating Committee is looking for volunteers to join a Committee! If you are interested in being on the PTO Exec Board or any other position on the PTO, please contact Arielle Heneghan at email@example.com. Or if you are currently on a Committee and would like to stay on next year- let us know!! Feel free to look at the link at ways to get involved- http://harperpto.com/committeechairsexecutive-board/
- 2/15--Mike Byster visiting 4th graders
- 2/6 through 3/20--1st grade classes will participate in a yoga program led by Lisa Weber E-RYT with Heaven and Earth Yoga in Evanston. Lisa will hold a 30-minute session for each class every Tuesday, for a total of seven sessions. The program will teach students techniques to help them calm their minds, and it will build upon the growing research showing the health benefits of a mindfulness practice.
Thank you for your contributions to iGNITE!
- Mon, Feb 12, 12PM Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 10th Floor 25 E. Pearson St., Chicago, IL 60611. RSVP at www.familyactionnetwork.net.
- Tues, Feb 13, 12PM School of Social Service Administration, The University of Chicago 969 E. 60th St., Chicago, IL 60637 RSVP at www.familyactionnetwork.net
- Tue, Feb 13, 7 PM Evanston Township High School Auditorium 1600 Dodge Ave., Evanston, IL 60201. NO RSVP required.
- Link to community events: http://www.wilmette39.org/news/community_events/
- Attend the Illinois Baseball Academy and Chicago Cubs Jon Lester’s NVRQT "Never Quit” charity event at the Wilmette Movie Theatre on March 3rd for a special viewing of The Sandlot. Amazing raffle prizes offered to support the fight against pediatric cancer.
- Going Green Matters 2018 will be held March 11th 12:00 - 4:00 pm at Michigan Shores Club.
- Little Legends Soccer Academy offers soccer training for boys & girls ages 2-8.
All announcements to be included in the Harper Happenings should be sent to Adriane McKnight via the Communication Request Form by Mondays at 9 am. If you do not receive an email response within 24hrs, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your Communication Request Form was received.
For more school information, visit the Harper PTO website.
For additional D39 community events, visit wilmette39.org