Tonasket School District
Weekly Update ~ 4/26/2019
"Focused on Learning and Linking Learning to Life"
One Purpose - Student Success
SCHOOL DISTRICT GOALS:
Capital Project Update
OLYMPIA — Sen. Christine Rolfes (D-Bainbridge Island), chair of the Senate Ways & Means Committee, and Rep. Timm Ormsby (D-Spokane), chair of the House Appropriations Committee, released the following joint statement announcing a tentative agreement on the 2019-21 Operating Budget:
“We have reached a tentative budget agreement between the two chambers and look forward to finishing our work on a final budget by the end of the legislative session on Sunday. We will continue to work with our fiscal teams in the Legislature to complete final details on a responsible budget that puts people first and meets the pressing needs of our state.”
Once details are finalized, Senate and House budget leaders anticipate releasing the final budget on Saturday.
District Culture and Climate
Parent and Community Engagement
- The first session of kindergarten enrollment was held on Thursday and the second session is scheduled for Monday.
On Monday, I had the privilege to participate in the HS Senior Exit Interviews. It was great to see our high school seniors connect with potential employers and community members who assisted with mock interviews the evenings of Monday, April 22nd and Tuesday, April 23rd. This was a good opportunity for students to go through an interview process to find out how they respond under the pressure of interviewing. Thanks to the HS staff for organizing this and to the community members for helping to make this such a positive event.
Creative and Innovative
TEA and PSE Updates
- The enrollment process for the finger scanning for food service began this week. Staff received training and student scanning started with the MS and ES. We anticipate having all students and staff scanned in the next two weeks. The enrollment seems to be going pretty smoothly.
- At Wednesday’s board meeting, The Board approves the following personnel items:
· Joshua Emery - HS PE and Health Teacher
· Emily Bjelland - HS Science Teacher
· Stephen Sacchi - HS History Teacher
· Janelle Orsolits - Part-time MS Life Skills Teacher
· Jacob Schofstoll – MS/HS Math Teacher, HS Boys Basketball Coach
· Robbie Monroe – 7th Grade Volleyball Coach
· Sara Bedient – ES Resource Room Teacher
· Jessica Hylton – Head HS Girls Basketball Coach
- The middle school and high school students are having their spring concert this Friday evening in the High School commons at 6:30 pm.
- The Annual FFA Plant Sale is happening next week May 1st. Head to the greenhouse after school and help support our FFA kids, they do amazing work.