Enon Elementary PTO Newsletter
A Letter from the Principal
I would like to welcome everyone back for the 2015-2016 school year. We are excited to start back with our returning students and get to know our new students. It is always very special to see our kindergarten students come in and become part of our school.
We had a very successful year last year. Once again Enon Elementary is fully accredited by the state of Virginia and met all Federal AMOs. Enon Elementary was one of only three schools in the county to be in the top five schools in both reading and mathematics. We made great gains in both subjects. I am so proud of our students and staff for these accomplishments.
This year we are introducing a new report card. You should have received information about the new report card in the opening day packets that came home with students. This will be a learning process and the report card looks different from previous report cards. We are here to help you understand it if you have questions.
Our PTO is off to a great start. There are many opportunities to get involved if you would like to be an active part of the PTO. You are automatically a member. You can greatly help the PTO and Enon by purchasing the PTO discount card. This will get you many discounts at local businesses and pay for itself in no time. The great news is that 100% of the money goes to our PTO and helps to support Enon Elementary. The PTO has already helped us get more technology for our school as we just ordered seven Promethean Boards for our students.
Once again welcome back. If there is anything I can do for you or your child please call. I hope your child has a fantastic school year and remember, you can’t hide that Enon PRIDE!
The Harvest Festival is Coming!
SAVE THE DATE:
Friday, October 23rd, 2015 is the Enon Harvest Festival. We are planning a fun evening of games, bounce houses, popcorn, and much much more! This is a great way to support our school and have a wonderful family night.
We hope to see everyone there.
Stay in Touch
- Great American Fundraiser Get ready for the annual Fall Fundraiser! Kickoff for the annual campaign through Great American Opportunities will be 10.1.2015 and the fundraiser will run through 10.15.2015. Items can be ordered and paid for on online and delivered directly to your home, or can be ordered on a paper order form, paid for by cash or check and picked up at the school on or after 11/12/2015 (designated dates and times for pick up yet to be determined). The best thing about the Great American Fundraiser is that, in addition to the 2-week long fundraiser campaign, you and your family can shop online all school year long, pay online and have items shipped directly to your home! All proceeds from the fundraiser and online purchases throughout the year will be dedicated to improving classroom technology at Enon Elementary! Look for more information to come home with your students in the coming week!
- Discount Cards are for sale for $5 and offer many discounts from multiple local businesses. Those included are Antonio's, Chen's, Chester Aquaria, Don Pepe, Howlett's, Jalapenos, Rosa's, CA Nails, Chester Drawers, Commonwealth Photography, Divine, Ironbridge Sports Park, Minuteman Press, The Playroom and Tailored Data Solutions. Even Cesare's who's not listed will honor their previous offer.
- AmazonSmile By using AmazonSmile.com instead of Amazon.com, you are easily supporting our school. Each purchase costs the same as the traditional site, however 0.5% of your purchase price will be donated to Enon Elementary. After logging in, search for Enon Elementary PTO for your donations to go to the school's PTO. Use the link here https://smile.amazon.com/ch/26-2599472 or see the picture below.
Dates to Remember:
- Fall Fundraiser is October 1 -15, 2015. The kick-off event is October 1st at 3 p.m. and the Big Event is November 15th at 10:15 a.m. Orders will be delivered November 12th.
- Later Gators is on Monday's from October 12 - November 23, 2015 from 3:45 - 5 p.m.
- Fall Festival is October 23, 2015 from 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.