The SCS Wednesday News Brief
April 26, 2017
We hope that you all enjoyed a wonderful Easter with your families! It is great to see our students back in school and we look forward to all of the special events throughout the remainder of the school year!
- Parish Bulletin: http://www.jppc.net/onlinebulletins/513template.pdf
- We are very excited for our 8th grade students receiving Confirmation on Friday April 28th! Please remember that those students along with their siblings may be picked up from the front door of our school at 12:00 PM. All students must be signed out by their parents. 8th graders will have an earlier lunch time to accommodate for the 12:00 dismissal.
- Last call for yearbooks! Ordering window has been extended to April 30th 11:59 PM. https://ybpay.lifetouch.com/Order/SelectJob use code: 12074017
- Please see the flyer below regarding our upcoming S.T.E.A.M. art exhibit following First Friday Mass on May 5th
We are looking forward to our upcoming spring play. The kids have been working hard in getting their songs ready! Below, you will find suggested attire for each grade level. Please remember that these are only suggestions and we do not expect you to go out to buy anything new in order to accommodate our requests. As a reminder, our spring play will be held on Thursday, May 18th at 6:30 pm. Doors will open at 6:00pm.
Music Teacher of St. Catharine's School
List of suggested colors each class should wear for the spring play
Kindergarten - Tan Shirt, Black pants
1st Grade - Blue shirt, black bottoms
2nd Grade - White Shirt, black bottom
3rd Grade - White shirt, khaki bottom
4th Grade - White Shirt, khaki bottom
5th Grade - Black shirt, black bottom
6th Grade - Black shirt, black bottom
7th Grade - White shirt, jeans or school pants
8th Grade - White shirt, khaki bottom
ATHLETIC PACKETS ARE BEING SENT HOME WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26 & ARE TO BE RETURNED BY FRIDAY, MAY 5th. PLEASE SIGN FORMS ENCLOSED IN ENVELOPE. ALL OTHER ATHLETIC FORMS/ INFORMATION ARE ONLINE UNDER ATHLETICS.
I HAVE KEPT THE YELLOW EMERGENCY CARDS AND WILL BE PUT IN YOUR ENVELOPE WHEN YOU RETURN YOUR ENVELOPE.
PLEASE SEE FLYER REGARDING A GIRLS/BOYS BASKETBALL CAMP UNDER THE DIRECTION OF JOSH PETERS & TIM MERCIER-BOYS JV BASKETBALL COACHES.
ANY QUESTIONS-PLEASE CALL JOSH- 732-809-3035 firstname.lastname@example.org
IF INTERESTED, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SIGN UP ONLINE & USE PAY PAL.
FALL SPORTS REGISTRATION- FRIDAY, APRIL 28- SUNDAY, MAY 14.
REMINDER WHEN REGISTERING FOR CROSS COUNTRY - PAY PARTICIPATION FEE USING PAY PAL.
THERE WILL BE ANOTHER FINAL REGISTRATION OVER THE SUMMER.
JULY 28-AUG 13.
THANK YOU!! ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL ELLEN MEIXSELL.
School Calendar http://www.stcatharineschool.net/scsl/Calendar/
Wednesday April 26
- Athletics Packet Sent Home
Thursday April 27th
- Confirmation Rehearsal and gown pick up at St. Margaret Church 5:00 PM
Friday April 28th
- PTA Pizza Day
- Confirmation at St. Margaret Church 4:00 PM
- Fall Sport Registration Begins
April 30th Last Chance to order yearbooks!
Monday May 1st
- Spring Uniforms
Tuesday May 2nd
- Teacher Appreciation Day
Friday May 5th
- Student Art Exhibit- S.T.E.A.M.
- First Friday Mass 9 AM
- Athletic Packets Due
- 12:30 Dismissal
Saturday May 6th
- First Holy Communion 10 AM St. Margaret's Church
Monday May 8th*** New date
- Monmouth County Prosecutors Office Student Assembly: Social Media and Internet Safety 10:30 AM Grades 5-8
- Parents welcome to attend
Thursday May 11th
- May Crowning 1:15 PM St. Catharine Church
Friday May 12th
- PTA Pizza Day
Sunday May 14th
- End of Registration for Fall Sports
Tuesday May 16th
- Flynn & O'Hara School Uniform Visit
Thursday May 18th
- Spring Concert 6:30 PM Doors Open 6:00 PM
May 22nd-May 26th
- 7th/8th Grade Finals
- 6th Grade ILA & Math Final ONLY
Thursday May 25th
- Ascension Thursday Mass
Friday May 26th
- PTA Pizza Day
Friday June 2nd
- 9 AM School Volunteer Recognition Mass and Breakfast