Friday, March 13th, 2020
Fraser Athletics Updates
Fraser Wrestling Matthew Mallory-Division I 4th place finisher at 140 lbs.
Fraser Gymnastics State Qualifiers
Isabella Dyer – floor exercise
Haylee Hawkins - beam
Madison Hissong – floor exercise
Unfortunately the MHSAA cancelled all state tournaments and the girls were unable to compete.
Parents of the Class of 2020
This is a reminder for you to order your child’s cap and gown as soon as possible, if you haven’t done so already. The link to Jostens with cap and gown information is shown below.
PSAT10/SAT Parent Opt-In Consent Form (Parents of Sophomores and Juniors)
1. opt-in to the Student Search Service, and
2. complete the optional student search questionnaire.
Click here if you would like to opt-in: https://form.jotform.com/200203064702033
PSAT and SAT Practice
College Board is now offering a tool in order to help you prepare for College by offering ways to explore different colleges and encouraging practice on Khan for the SAT at www.satpractice.org.
By signing up and completing some of the steps you are also entered into drawings to win scholarships for college. You will sign up on the website, https://opportunity.collegeboard.org/ using your College Board account login.
Please see that your student is signed up and working on their PSAT and SAT prep on Khan Academy, this is also a great source for students to use during their SMART hour.
College Board & Khan Academy
Now is a great time to utilize Khan Academy to help prepare for upcoming PSAT and SAT Tests!
Have students link their College Board accounts to Khan Academy
FHS does not have access to students’ login information. For help, call 866-433-7728.
Use previous PSAT/SAT results to create personalized support in Khan Academy
Based on previous test scores, Khan Academy can create individualized support activities and practice test questions to help your child in the areas they need it most.
Your child can also take full-length SAT practice tests.
Create Parent Account in Khan Academy
Monitor your child’s progress through coaching reports to see what they’re practicing and where they’re struggling
Congratulate your child when they earn badges and master skills. Remind them to watch companion videos when they are stuck.
Set daily, weekly, or monthly goals to help motivate your child.
Practice, Practice, Practice!
Personalized support and practice help your child focus on areas that have room for improvement.
Being more familiar with the structure and design of tests and test questions can help reduce test anxiety for your student.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using bathroom; before eating, and blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Is soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick and please keep your children home if they are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequency touched objects and surfaces using regular household cleaning spray or wipes.