Mrs. Birkland's Kindergarten Class
WE HAD A GREAT WEEK! TAKE A LOOK BELOW TO SEE WHAT WE HAVE BEEN UP TO.
Last week we studied the sounds for th and sh. This week we studied ch/_tch "choo choo train" and was introduced to ph "phone" and wh "wheezing whale." We do not expect them to spell using ph and wh, but we do hope that they learn to use ch, sh, and th in words when they hear those sounds. We reviewed our poems for Rr, Ii, Ff, and Hh and met our last words of the quarter-for, so, was, and have. That makes 40 words! Whew!
Letters We have studied
Sight Words We have practiced-PLEASE PRACTICE AT HOME!!!
Quarter 2 Words: are, as, like, by, he, she, will, go, all, it, of, to, up, do, at, look, had, was, so, have, for
Special Guest on Friday-Season of Giving-iWeek Reveal
Listening to a story of how even a young child can give a great gift
After our big reveal for iWeek we practiced one of our songs
Who's excited about iWeek?
Hour of Code Part 2
I wonder (things to ask your child at home)
- What was your favorite season? What happens to animals in the fall? winter? spring?
- What are some activities you would do in the fall? winter? spring? summer?
- What did Mr. Eric talk to you all about?
- When we talk about friends of 10...who is friends with 5? (5) 6? (4), 7? (3) 8? (2), 9? (1), 10? (0)
Snack and Share
*Please remember that we are a peanut free classroom. Check out the peanut free snack list for acceptable snacks.
Just a Few Reminders
- As it is starting to get chilly outside, please dress your child in layers (jacket, short sleeves, etc.) Our rooms are warm and I don't want your child to be too hot inside and cold outside! DON'T FORGET A JACKET/COAT!
- Please go through your child's backpack every evening to see their accomplishments and charge their iPad!
Specials Schedule for next week
Thursday-specials free day
Mrs. Amy Birkland
Lunch Time 11:51-12:16