The Hutchison Stinger
September Community Newsletter
Progress Reports and Report Cards
23-24 Dress Code & Spirit Days
Hutchison Spirit Days:
Tuesday - Team Dress Day (wear your favorite sports team shirt)
Wednesday - College/Armed Forces Shirt Day
Friday - Spirit Shirt Day Hutchison.lcisdwear.com
September Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer Opportunities for September:
- Monday-Thursday: copy room assistance (8-2; come and go as needed)
- September 7 (3:30pm): Decorating for Grandparents Day
- September 8: School Store sorting
- September 11-15: Book Fair assistance in the Library (see flyer for times)
- September 15: School Store sorting
- September 22: School Store sorting
- September 22: Hornet Buck Store https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F4FABAD23A6FBC25-hornet1
- September 27: Assist with Picture Day
Beginning of Year Forms
This is a reminder that for the 2023-24 school year, all required Lamar Consolidated ISD beginning-of-year forms must be completed online through the Skyward Family Access Center.
Online forms are available through the Family Access Center starting July 26th and all forms need to be submitted no later than Sept. 15th. Your student’s schedule will not be available online through the Family Access Center until all of the beginning-of-year forms are completed for your student and after the campus has released schedules. Student schedules will be available online on Wednesday, Aug. 09th, if all online forms have been completed.
Instructions, important dates, a username/password reset button, and technical assistance regarding the online forms can be found by clicking here.
For those who need access to a computer or the Internet, computers will be available on campus Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. starting July 26, 2023.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact the school front office at 832-223-1700.
- Doors open at 6:45am. Do not block other cars or the drop off line.
- Parents will be welcomed to campus for breakfast and lunch visits beginning September 5th, 2023. This will allow us to solidify our routines and build trust with our Hornets.
- Students are required to wear their SMART Tags daily. If your student still has their tag from last year, they may continue to wear it until the new one is printed. Replacement tags are $5 and can be purchased in the front office.
- Breakfast and lunch are free to all Hutchison students for the 23-24 school year. Breakfast begins at 6:45 and is served in the cafeteria. More information about Child Nutrition can be found here .
- Bus riders - Be sure to register through SMART tag to track your child's bus ride.
- Walkers/ Bike riders - Ride along the sidewalk and place their bike or scooter in the racks. Enter through the front doors.
- Students will be seated in grade level lines in the gym from 6:45-7:00. At 7:00 they will be escorted to the classroom by a grade level teacher.
- Students entering the building between 7:00-7:15 will be directed to class or the cafeteria for breakfast.
- Transportation changes MUST be made before 2:00 PM. Please call the office at 832-223-1700 to make changes. Transportation change notifications are delivered to the classrooms at 2:00pm. Therefore, we cannot accept changes after 2:00 pm. If you want to check your child out early for appointments, that must be done by 2:00 pm as well. We will not release students for early pick up after 2:00 pm. This information is in the LCISD Student Handbook. Please try and keep the way your child goes home as consistent as possible. This decreases the likelihood of a mistake occurring.
- Bus-LCISD Transportation is highly recommended for all students who are eligible. The buses are the first mode of transportation to leave each day. The buses will load and leave early the first 3 days of school. Parents are advised to arrive at the bus stops early on these days. Give your child’s bus a 15-minute window before and after the published time as drivers work to ensure everyone is accounted for and dropped off at the correct stop. PK and K students will only be released to an authorized adult listed in the SMART Tag System. Please bring your ID to the bus stop on the first day for verification. SMART Tags will be scanned each time your child gets on and off the bus, for lunch meals in the cafeteria, and in the library for checking out books.
- Daycare pickup - Rosters will be checked daily. Please ensure your child's teacher knows the correct daycare name. Gingerbread is available on campus for after school care.
- Car riders - Please place your car tag on the rear view mirror of your vehicle. Students will NOT be released without the car tag decal. Parents without the car tag will be asked to park and retrieve their student from the front office.
- Walkers/Bikers – PK/K students will be released to a parent/guardian only. Parents are not allowed to walk up to the school to meet your children. Please meet them at the stop sign on the corner of Ransom Road & Richmond Parkway. If your child is a walker, you are saying that they are responsible enough to get home on their own without adult assistance. If they have older/younger siblings that they will walk home with, please communicate that information to the teachers as well.