Mrs. Pierce's Post
Week of September 19, 2016
- September 19th-23rd - Book Fair (during Tuesday Library Special or Thursday morning with Grandparents from 7-8:15am)
- September 22nd- Grandparent's Day Breakfast 7- 8:15.
- Review all color words
- Sight Words: I, can, see, a, my, the, love, if, you, and, to, too, little, big, up, on, has
- Predictable chart/story: "________ has _____ apples up on top!"
- Reading Skill: Classify/Categorize
- Phonics: letter P p , recognizing beginning sounds, ConsonentVowelConsonent words
- Math: numbers, identifying groups of 1-5, shapes, AB patterns, counting by 10's
Fall/ Apple Unit!
- We are in need of each student to donate an apple (any color) to use for a special Fun Friday tasting experience. We are going to be exploring Fall and apples are a big part of our study. Please send in the apples by Friday of this week!
- We need fresh leaves from local trees for exploration. Please send one in by Tuesday of this week.
- September 26th & 28th - Mrs. Pierce's Fall Parent/Teacher conferences (Your scheduled time will be stapled to the agenda. I did my best to accommodate all requests and scheduled them as I received them. Please let me know if there is a conflict and we can work out a solution.
- October 3-14 Fall Break!
- Book Baggies (books will be sent home to read and return the next day)
- Rainbow Sight words...sight word program to help your child become a great reader in my class!
- Fall Field Trip to Stoney Creek Farms! Permission slips and information are attached. Please be sure to return forms and money by NEXT Friday, September 30th.
Win A Ride To School In A FIRETRUCK!!
Who: ONE winner from each grade
How: Draw an EXIT PLAN to escape your house if it were to catch fire.
What: An EXIT PLAN is a map of your house showing TWO ways out to a meeting place. Start the route where you sleep!
When: Turn is your drawing to school by September 30th!
Instructions- Once you drawing is complete, put your name, phone #, and grade on the paper. The firefighters will decide the winner and notify them by phone. On the first day back to school from Fall break, a fire truck will take your child to school!
- Agendas are the MAIN way for daily communication! Please check and initial them daily.
- $5 cash or a healthy snack (enough for each student) is due each month.
- Lunch $ should be sent in an envelope labeled Lunch Money with your child's name, Mrs. Pierce's name, and amount enclosed.
- If you have any additional forms or notes for the school or teacher please put in the agenda as they are checked daily. Also, make note in the agenda incase it should happen to fall out or placed elsewhere.