Eastwood Academy HS - Boxer Bulletin Newsletter - May 2021
Greetings, Eastwood Families!
Please note this bulletin contains information about laptops for the 2021-2022 school year, so we encourage both new and returning families to read.
We're almost to the home stretch of the 2020-2021 school year. As we head towards the end of the year, there are a few dates and events we need all community members to be aware of. This month's bulletin covers the following:
- Upcoming asynchronous day/holiday
- Power Up Laptop Fee and Form
- Final Exam Schedule
- Final Exam Exemptions
- Senior Week Activities
- Summer School
Dates & Holidays
Friday, May 28, 2021
- Only Mr. McMurchy's 28 students in AP Human Geography will report to campus for the AP exam at 10:00 a.m.
- No live meetings for any classes.
- All students must sign-in using the post on their TEAMS groups for each B day class.
- All students will complete the assignment(s) posted by their teachers for B day classes.
Monday, May 31, 2021
Power Up Laptop Fee & Form
In addition to paying your $25 fee (per student), the student and parent will need to sign the 2021-2022 Power Up agreement form, which can be found below.
Students' current laptops will need to be returned before leaving on the last day of school so that HISD/Net Synch can reimage and service them all. Dates will be schedule during the first two weeks of August for students to pick up their new laptops for the 2021-2022 school year.
Summer school students will receive laptops when their arrive for summer classes.
Only students who have paid their $25 fee and have a signed form on file will receive their laptops, which are needed and required for instruction in the coming school year.
You may email signed forms to: NGUAJARD@houstonisd.org or bring them to the campus. Forms can be found in English and in Spanish below as well as the link to make your payment online using School Pay.
Senior Final Exams: June 1 - 4
Underclassmen Final Exams: June 8 - 11
Please make the proper arrangements to have your child picked up from school at the early dismissal time of 1:10 p.m.
Final Exam Exemptions
- Earn an 85 or higher in the course by cutoff date of Cycle 5.
- Sit for the AP Exam (if it's an AP course).
- No more than 3 absences for the course.
- Earn an E or S in conduct for the course.
- Approval from teacher of the course.
Please note that the teachers of the course reserve the right to prohibit final exam exemptions for their course despite whether the student meets the published criteria. Teachers will notify students about exemptions prior to the exam date.
Senior Week Activities
- Monday, June 7: Senior Brunch with Awards Ceremony at 9:30 a.m. in school cafeteria
- Tuesday, June 8: Senior Signing Day Ceremony at 9:30 a.m. in cafeteria. Graduates may bring ONE adult guest due to social distancing guidelines.
- Wednesday, June 9: Senior Field Day at 9:30 a.m. on the soccer field outdoors
- Thursday, June 10: Graduation Rehearsal and lasting impression painting at 9:30 in cafeteria
- Friday, June 11: Senior final check out. Students must bring their HISD issued laptop, charger, and case as well as all college acceptance/denial notices and financial aid/scholarship letters. Without these, the student will not be cleared for check out.
For Senior Check Out: Students will NOT be conferred to graduate unless they have completed the survey sent by Ms. Stanley and Ms. Brooks, which includes submitting any and all financial aid offers and college acceptance notices.
***Seniors must still report for attendance purposes each day June 7 - June 11.***
Summer School 2021
STAAR Exam Preparation
Our campus will be mailing out summer school letters and making phone calls this week, so be checking your mailbox starting next week (June 1).
Summer School Test Schedule
- June 22: English I STAAR Retake
- June 23: US History STAAR Retake
- June 24: English II STAAR Retake
- June 29: Biology STAAR Retake
- June 30: Algebra I STAAR Retake
- July 1: Make Up STAAR for Retakes
Our campus will be mailing out summer school letters this week, so you should be checking your postal mailbox starting next week (June 1).
Summer School: June 17 - July 8, 2021
Summer School Administrator: Ms. Dixie Morales