AIDS in Southern Africa
By Neal A.
Seven facts about AIDS in Southern Africa.
- AIDS stands for Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome.
- AIDS is caused by HIV, or unprotected sexual intercourse with a person who has AIDS.
- More than a million people die from AIDS in Africa alone.
- The life expectancy rate is 54 years of age in the southern Africa region because of HIV and AIDS.
- Because southern Africa doesnt have the medical help that we do, only five of the 10 million parents with AIDS got treatment for it.
- 59% of the people who have AIDS in Africa are women.
- Wothout treatment, one third of infants with HIV will die before their first birthday.