Beadle 8 Grade
January 2020 - High School Information for Incoming Freshmen
2020-2021 Within-District Transfer Form Deadline
All Applications to transfer within the District must be turned in to the Don Stroh Administration Center by February 15, 2020.
Millard West Quality Time (homeroom)
Each student at Millard West is assigned a Quality Time (homeroom) adviser who will work with your family throughout high school. Advisers are randomly assigned. If your 8th grade student would like to be in the same Quality Time as a sibling, you must make a specific request in writing to Amy Hinderer at email@example.com. We will make every attempt to fulfill these requests. QT advisers will be set by the end of January. Requests for placing siblings together need to be in by January 20, 2020.
Attention Future Millard West High School AP Students!
AP Information Night – Tuesday, January 28, 2020
6:30-7:00 p.m. in the Millard West Auditorium.
Any students interested in taking AP classes at Millard West for the 2020-2021 school year are invited to attend.
- Hear AP Human Geography students and AP Human Geography teachers talk about the rich experiences and benefits of taking AP classes.
- From 7:30-8:00 p.m., Millard West AP Human Geo Teachers and Honors English 9 teachers will also be available to answer questions about their courses.
Great Opportunities! Great Learning! Great Future!
Curriculum Handbook Distribution. Curriculum handbooks and 9 grade course worksheets will be distributed. MWHS staff will talk with students about using the handbook and worksheet at Beadle in student's Guided Study.
- January 21 - Team 8 Omega
- January 22 - Team 8 Rho and Omega Band Students
- January 24 - Team 8 Zeta
Advanced Placement (AP) Information Session. (AP Human Geo and AP Computer Science Principals) Parents and Students interested in AP should attend.
- January 28 from 6:30 to 7:00 pm at Millard West
Orientation/Information Session. All Parents & Students should attend.
- January 28 from 7:00 to 7:30 pm at Millard West
Activity Fair. All Parents & Students should attend.
- January 28 from 7:30 to 8:30 pm at Millard West
Academic Planner Lesson. MWHS counselors will lead 8 grade students through the completion of the Academic Planner in Infinite Campus at Beadle in student's Guided Study.
- February 4 - Team Omega
- February 6 - Team Rho
- February 7 - Team Zeta
9 Grade Advisement / Registration. All Parents & Students should attend.
- February 11 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at Millard West
Activities Fair. Parents & Students should attend.
- February 3 from 6:00 to 7:00 pm at Millard South
Academic Planner Lesson. MSHS counselors will meet with students.
- February 7 during student's Guided Study at Beadle
Registration / Advisement for BMS, RMS, KMS, NMS. Parents & Students should attend either day.
- February 13 from 1:00 to 3:45 pm at Millard South
- March 10 from 4:00 to 6:00 pm at Millard South
- January 21 and 23 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm at Millard North
IB Information Night. Parents and Students should attend.
- January 28 at 5:30 at Millard North
Academic Planner Lesson
- February 4 at Beadle MNHS counselors will meet with students during student's Guided Study.
IB MYP & DP Plan Night. Parents and Students should attend.
- February 18 and 20 at 5:00 pm at Millard North
Student Registration Night for Non-IB students. Parents and Students should attend.
- February 27 from 5:00 to 7:00 pm at Millard North