Ms. Lewis' Second Grade News
What's Going On This Week!
- Remember, we are swimming during PE on Wednesday.
- The Summer Reading Book Fair is on May 23, 24, and 25. It is hosted by Barnes and Noble and credit cards will be accepted!
- If your child has a summer birthday and would like to bring a treat to celebrate at school, please email with a day that you would like to send something in. I am keeping track of the days so we do not double up on celebrations!
- We will have our End of the Year Party on Tuesday, May 24th at 2:00. Cammie from Old Dutch will be here for Ice Cream Sundaes!
- The last day of school is Wednesday, May 25th. Dismissal is at 11:00!
Book Swap Day!
On Tuesday, May 24, we will have “Book Swap Day” in our classroom. Each student may bring up to 3 books that they have already read and would like to exchange for different books. What a great way to get new reading material for the summer without spending money! This is optional, but only students that bring books will participate in the book swap. Each student will go home with the number of books he/she brought. Search those closets and bookshelves and let’s encourage summer reading!
We will not have be having a reading story and test this week. We will be focusing on certain skills from the remaining Journey's lessons throughout the week.
We will have a spelling test on Friday, May 20th. The words are pulled from the remaining phonics lessons. Your spelling test on Friday will use different words that follow these spelling patterns.
took, books, foot, hoof, cow, house, town, shout, aim, snail, bay, braid, groan, crow, speed, seated
High Frequency Words
We will not have high frequency words this week!
Skills for this week include:
- Locating and Graphing Points on a Coordinate Graph
- Showing and Counting Change for $1.00
- Dividing by 2
- Finding the Area of a Rectangle
- Multiplying by 0 Facts
- Identifying the Multiples of 2,3,4, and 5
- Solving a Problem by Guessing and Checking
Fact Assessment: Friday, May 20th *This assessment will be on multiplying by 4's.
Written Assessment: Friday, May 20th
Make sure to be practicing Multiplying by 4's Facts at home.
Science and Social Studies
We are finishing our study animal classifications and will begin looking at sound and light!