Parent Survival Guide
Welcome to the wonderful world of third grade!
Get the lowdown...
- School begins promptly at 7:45 and ends at 2:45. Students may start coming to the room at 7:15.
- Medications are kept in the clinic and are administered by the nurse or office staff.
- Lunch is from 11:55-12:25. Students can bring money to school or you can put money in your child's account.
- You may contact the teacher's via email during the day. We will respond ASAP.
- Dress code- Proper shoes required for PE; Bring a jacket for inclement weather
Home work is assigned for practicing and reinforcing skills and concepts previously learned at school. It is intended to be meaningful, relevant, and in some cases individualized. Grade levels will provide parents written directions, the timeline, and the grading rubrics for projects.
We feel that parents are the key to making homework a positive experience. We ask that parents provide necessary supplies, a quiet homework environment, and set a consistent daily homework time. If your child is not doing their work, please set up a conference so parents, student, and teachers can work on a plan to help establish good study and homework habits while the child is still in elementary school.
What about behavior?
Incentives and Choices
- Positive reinforcement on Behavior/Communication Log
- Six week celebrations, Preferred Activity Time (PAT)
- Verbal or nonverbal recognition
- Special privileges and individual rewards
- Good notes and/or phone calls home
- Pride in reaching your goals and a job well done!
If students choose not to follow district, school or classroom rules and procedures...
1st and 2nd Warnings (minor infractions) - No signature
The student is given the opportunity to correct inappropriate behavior.
3rd Warning - The teacher will sign the student’s behavior log.
4th Warning – The teacher will make a discipline referral to the office. Parent or guardian will be contacted.
All situations will be addressed to meet the needs of each individual child and the situation.