WVA Family Update
Note from WVA Staff
New WVA Students
We are so excited to have you join our WVA family! If you have not yet received a welcome email with instructions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you set up!
Students wishing to attend WVA in 2021-2022
All students will be enrolled in their homeschool for the 2021-2022 school year. If you wish to have your child attend WVA, you will need to choose WVA in your OLR during registration.
Secondary Attendance Form
Students in 6-12th grade, please make sure you are filling out this attendance form daily.
High School Students
Juniors who signed up to take the SAT test can pick up their student ID at Westminster High School. They will be available with campus security.
To view your first semester grades, use the steps below to log into Infinite Campus:
Go to www.mywps.org then Online Apps then Infinite Campus (parent).
Choose Campus Student
Username is first part of your WPS student email (before @)
Password is your regular WPS password
Go to Documents. Scroll down past your schedules. Your transcript should be at the very bottom.
(A dash means you did not earn credit for that class. If any of your first semester classes are completely missing from your first semester transcript or you notice any other problems, please send a screenshot and a description of the problem to Ms. Walsh, our WVA counselor, at email@example.com.)
High School Tutoring opportunities
WVA Senior Countdown to Graduation Below!
Steps for Online Registration- Click on the document below!
Notes from the WPS Future Center
- Did you know that the Westminster Public Schools Future Center has a Youtube channel? Click here to visit their page and have access to some amazing guest speakers and videos to help with your future planning!
- For access to the WPS Future Center Facebook page click here.
- High schoolers! If you have any questions about your career plans or next steps for college, please set up a time to meet with us! We can help you find a job, apply for apprenticeships beginning as early as 10th grade, apply for college or financial aid, and even take college classes while you are still in high school! You can set up a time to meet with us using this Calendly Link!
- Here is our Future Center Website
- Students in grades 9-11 will be preparing for updating their four-year course plans in March! Activities include learning how to use the course catalog and update the four-year plan, ways to earn college credit in high school, internships, apprenticeship programs, and more!
- 12th graders will be completing activities on interviewing and the job application process. Seniors have been invited to schedule their required Senior Interview with a Future Center Counselor. Please encourage your student to schedule a time if they haven't already. Appointments can be scheduled by clicking HERE! Seniors should also email the Future Center with proof that they are taking action on their plan
- Below are the Live workshops and guest speakers! Emails will come from the future center on Mondays with the links you will need
IMPORTANT SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINES!
* Westminster 7:10 Rotary, April 2 Application
To view more scholarships CLICK HERE!
FREE FAFSA TOOL - VIRTUAL FAFSA WIZARD
Do you need help completing your FAFSA at any time of the day or night? The Virtual FAFSA Wizard is here for you! This tool will take you step-by-step through the entire FAFSA application. Just open this website on a separate phone, tablet, or laptop, and >CLICK START< If you get stuck at any time, please make sure you save your progress and email the Future Center firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-657-3929.
CASFA APPLICATION SUPPORT FOR UNDOCUMENTED STUDENTS
The Colorado Application for State Financial Aid (CASFA) is the application for students who do not have lawful immigration status and who do not meet the qualifications listed above are also encouraged to apply. Students who are eligible for Federal Title IV aid by completing the FAFSA should not complete the CAFSA. CLICK HERE to learn & apply!
EARN & LEARN - 10 & 11 Grade, HIRING HUB
Calling all 8th graders! $1000 College scholarship opportunity below
Free and Reduced lunch applications
- · Technology rebates. A program that helps ensure that schools can obtain high-speed Internet access and telecommunications at affordable rates.
- · Title I. This program’s funds are intended to support student achievement and growth at the school level.
Online applications are the fastest and easiest way to apply for meal benefits.
You may apply at https://www.nlappscloud.com/ and check the status of your application at https://admin.nlappscloud.com/statuslookup?sAPIKey=2baaecd0-b5fd-4f9b-b5ca-a63500f903d7 .
Join Math Club!
Art For Fun Club
WVA 6 - 12th graders looking for a creative outlet:
Join WVA Art Club Thursdays from 3 - 4 pm on Zoom!
· Art Club Zoom: https://tinyurl.com/wva-art-club
Meeting ID: 945 2021 4714
Fill out the Art Club Form to sign up for our email list (must be logged in with school account to access):
· Art Club Form: https://tinyurl.com/wva-sign-up
Flag football information below
Fist Bump Sunday!
Ms. Kerr sends fist bumps to AJ, Diego, Michael, Noah, Skylar, Bernie Sarahi, Sebastian, Emiliano, Geraldine and Rosabella for reading everyday on Dojo! Keep up the great work!
Emiliano O. all your hard work in BUZZ and Empower! Mrs. H
Molly S. -working os hard to get caught up and having a great attitude about it!
Bumps to Mika J. for always participating in class-you rock!
Winter O for for going above and beyond for taking responsibility for her own learning.
Airaly for coming for working hard every day!
Fist bumps to Michael, Noah, Skylar, Bernie, Sarahi, Emiliano, Rosabella and Geraldine for reading on Dojo every single day! Keep up the great work :)
Bumps to Ayla W. for always participating and doing her best!
To all WVA Artists for your creativity, bravery, problem-solving, and for the awesome communities you've helped build in art classes!
Anna pod 7-1 For her amazing storyboard on Ancient Greece Governments
Bumps to Kenia S pod1 for her awesome attitude and great work!!
Bumps to Santiago G pod 6 for always making class fun!! thanks for all your hard work
Bumps to Ashley G. for working so hard on Literacy targets during WIN!
Bumps to Jazlyn RN (pod 6-3) for reaching out for extra help! Way to advocate!
Shaundra Fischer for helping me with Calendly!
Bumps to Adan V for putting in the effort.
Shawndra C for leveling up in ELA!
Bumps to Zoee P. for coming to class every day and working so hard!
Bumps to Alex S for getting stuff done.
Bumps to Dylan G for great work in our ELA Nearpod! High scores on editing and Time to Climb!
Bumps to Laqaisza for making a comeback!
Bumps to Yuliana for being the FIRST student in ELA to make it all the way through a playlist!
WVA Staff Spot Light
This week Jeremiah Schlosser was nominated this week:
- He is a wonderful teacher and he is very patient with his students. My son really enjoys being in his class. He has made the virtual learning experience for my son very pleasant.
Congrats Jeremiah! We are so lucky to have you at WVA!
WVA Staff Member Nomination
5th and 6th Grade Passport Program
Because of the interest in the program, the registration period for the 5th and 6th Grade Passport has been extended through the end of February.
The Passport Program is the best way to get students on the slopes! With 3-4 days of skiing at 21 participating ski areas, the Passport is dedicated to getting Colorado's kids on the slopes.
While weekends and holidays are not available with the Passport this season, we believe the Passport is a great product for your students to enjoy on teacher in-service days and over Spring Break.
5th Grade Educators: Please forward this link to your 5th Grade Families.
6th Grade Educators: Please forward this link to your 6th Grade Families.
FAQs: For FAQ’s and answers to most questions about the 5th and 6th Grade Program, click here.
WPS Student Meal Distribution
Drive through meal pick up is available for all children 18 and under, children do not need to be present and identification is not required. Meals may be picked up at any location, all children are welcome regardless of where they live or attend school.
There is drive through meal distribution at the following sites from 10:00 am - 11:30 am:
- Westminster High School
- Swim and Fitness (3290 W 76th)
- Westminster Rec Center on 104th