SPED FEB 12TH PD DAY
PD DAY HAPPENINGS
PD DAY HAPPENINGS
SPECIAL EDUCATION PARAS
- If you haven't yet completed your Rethink Modules please do so and provide a copy of your certificate to the SPED office.
- You may participate in any of the additional Rethink offerings that will be listed below in this newsletter and a few of you will be required to attend the 1:30 Rethink training.
- If you work directly with students who have learning plans in Rethink you may use some time to prep materials for any learning activities assigned to students in Rethink or needed visual supports for students.
- For other paras your supervising teacher may have some materials they would like you to prep and you may spend some time working on those items once your Rethink Modules are completed.
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHERS
- Any curriculum work going on as assigned by your building administrator.
- You may participate in any of the additional Rethink offerings that will be listed and a few of you will be required to attend the 1:30 Rethink training.
- If you work directly with students who have learning plans in Rethink you may use some time to review/revise learning activities assigned to students in Rethink - remember it is only recommended to have about 5 learning goals - you can put others in the kiddo's future plan!
- Please make sure that if needed you have provided additional items for your paras to prep as appropriate for when they have additional time during the day when they aren't engaged directly in PD activities.
RETHINK LIVE SESSION @ 1:30 "I DREAM OF DATA - DATA MADE EASY"
Rethink will be offering Reeds Spring staff another live training session related to data collection in Rethink.
This training is required for any certified or classified staff members who are directly working with students who currently have learning plans entered into the Rethink system...if you don't work specifically with these students but want to continue to learn about Rethink you are more than welcome to register and participate in this session!
Here are the specific instructions on registration!
1. Register for the training event from the following link
2. Make sure you have your Rethink username and password ready and working and you are connected to a sample student. You will be logged in during the training working to put in data on a sample student. If you have difficulty finding your sample student ask a friend and if you are still stuck then contact Kristal or Liz and we will problem solve with you!
3. You will need to be at a location where you can be logged into a computer and have a headset with microphone if you wish to talk directly with our presenter. There is also a chat box feature on their training so you can communicate with her in that manner as well if you don't have the microphone feature.
RETHINK RECORDED WEBINARS
- Log into Rethink
- Go to "My Resources"
- Go to the "Webinar" Tab
- Select "Archived"
- Browse and view any webinars of interest to you
If you would like a refresher on the Rethink Behavior Interface you will want to check out the archived webinar, "A BRIEF GUIDE TO BEHAVIOR MANAGEMENT". This webinar will review the basics of how to collect data for FBA and Behavior Improvement Plans in Rethink.
For any paras who have not already completed the Rethink Modules please do so on this upcoming PD day. Once completed please provide a copy of your certificate to the SPED office.
If you have had difficulty with the "Generalization" Rethink Training Module then you aren't alone! Here is a link to download a video tutorial on this module!
ONGOING RETHINK RESOURCES
There are also weekly additional supports to access to help you better utilize all that Rethink has to offer. Our Rethink representative, Jennifer, hosts weekly office hours where you can join in a group session to have your questions answered and get tips and tricks in using the system. There is no limit on how many of these you can access - feel free to use this support and get your questions answered! Register for Jennifer's Office Hours at the following link: