East High Street Family Flyer
Week of October 11th and October 18th
From the Principal's Desk...
Good Afternoon, East High Families!
Please review the information below about some important upcoming dates and events at East High!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Kari Bittinger, East High Street Principal
Upcoming Important Dates
Week of October 11th
Monday, October 11, 2021
- No school for students - Teacher inservice day
Tuesday, October 12, 2021
- Leadership Assembly Kickoff! Students will be receiving their leadership shirts for the 2021-2022 school year. The PTO has also provided a small gift for every student. Any student who attends E-town Cyber real time or independent may stop by the East High office for their shirt. A HUGE THANK YOU to the PTO!
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
- Stomp Out Bullying! Wear blue to School!
Thursday, October 14, 2021
- School Picture Day - Wear your best smiles to school!
Week of October 18th
Wednesday, October 20, 2021
- Unity Day/Misfit Sock Day - Wear your unmatched socks and/or orange to school!
School Pictures on Thursday, 10/14/21!
Any students who are in our E-town Cyber independent or real-time option may participate as well! Please reach out to Mrs. Bittinger if you are interested in having your child's picture taken.
Picture order forms were sent home during the week of 10/4. Families can also order pictures online by using the information and the link below.
ACTION REQUIRED BY ALL FAMILIES!
Please log-in to your Community Portal account (link is below) and follow the steps below:
- On the left, select student data forms.
- If you have forms listed under "Forms Awaiting Completion" please select each form listed and complete the information.
Giving Tree Information
This holiday season East High Elementary, along with the PTO, would like to invite families to participate in our Giving Tree Holiday program. This program provides special gifts for the children of some of our East High families who find themselves in financial need during this time of year.
If you are in need of holiday gift help please scan the QR code and complete the form online or download, print and return the completed form below to the school with your child.
Please complete the form (one for each child in your family) no later than Friday, October 15th.
Gift pickup will take place on Thursday, December 16th from 4:00-5:30 pm at East High Street Elementary School.
All donors and recipients are confidential and this information will only be known by appropriate school personnel. If your family is already receiving Christmas help from Elizabethtown Area High School, Middle School, or Bear Creek, please do not submit a form to East High.
If you have any questions please contact Meredith Engebretson, School Counselor at 717-361-0099 ext. 50580 or email@example.com
Does your child need an individual counseling session with the School Counselor?
Is your child...
very sad, confused, angry, or worried.
experiencing severe behavior changes.
having difficulty dealing with family changes or situations.
stating something is bothering him/her to the point of distraction or intense anxiety
dealing with a loss of a family member or friend
experiencing stressors at home that are affecting school performance or self-concept
If you would like to notify the School Counselor, Mrs. Engebretson, that you think an individual appointment is needed, click on the link below. Once your child has been seen by the School Counselor, she will contact you to follow up about future support options.
This form SHOULD NOT be used for concerns about abuse, self harm, or suicide ideation. For those situations call any of the following:
Safe to Say: 1-844-723-2729; www.safe2saypa.org; use the Safe2Say mobile app
Crisis Intervention: 717-394-2631
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255, https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741, https://www.crisistextline.org/
If you would like to notify the School Counselor that you think an individual appointment is needed, click on the link. Once your child has been seen by the School Counselor, she will contact you to follow up about future support options.
Upcoming Spirit Days
Do you have questions about Leader in Me? Please visit the site below for more information about the program!
East High Street Procedures for the 2021-2022 school year!
Please contact the office if you have any questions.
Changes in transportation or schedule
Please note: If you have a transportation change after 9:00 AM, please only call the main office and DO NOT email the teacher or the attendance email. We cannot guarantee the email will be received throughout the day.
We send children home the way they are assigned so any changes in transportation need to be communicated in a timely manner.
Reporting your Child Absent
- Call the East High office (717-361-0099) and press option 7. Please state your name, your child’s name, teacher’s name and reason for absence.
- Email the attendance email and provide your name, your child’s name, teacher’s name and reason for absence.
- East High Families: EH_Attendance@etownschools.org
Educational Trips for the 2021-2022 School Year
Information about the Form:
- The completed form must be received in the building principal's office at least five (5) days in advance of the tour or trip.
- Check the status of your request on EASD's online Community Portal on the attendance link. You are able to check future absences.
- Forms that are received with less than 5 days notice may be coded as illegal absences
This link can also be found on the East High page on the District website.
Parent/Guardian Technology Center
EASD students use electronic devices to access online resources for classroom instruction. Students in grades K-2 use iPads and Chromebooks while students in grades 3-12 use Chromebooks. Upon registering in the district, student technology accounts are created automatically so they are able to log in to district devices and access online instructional resources. Please read the information in the Technology Center to learn more about the student devices, technology accounts and troubleshooting measures.
Parents are encouraged to create their own technology accounts in our school systems to access their student's demographic information, digital report cards, and daily classroom instruction and grades.
For more specific information, such as where to find your student's Schoology Parent Access code please email firstname.lastname@example.org.