By: Principal Dufrene
Hello Hampshire HS,
Our first full week of going 100% remote learning...how is it going??? Students and parents, please do not hesitate to reach out to our teachers if you need additional support. Teachers will be in their classrooms all week available to assist you. Custodians will be doing their weekly deep cleaning in preparation of your return. Remember, first nine weeks ends this week!
As we prepare to begin a new nine weeks, it is important for us to take the time to celebrate all the great things taking place around us each day at HHS. Our school division continues to put kids first regardless of the obstacles they face. Our faculty and staff goes above and beyond during this blended learning environment. Our students get better each week doing the best they can in person and remotely. And, our families are reaching out asking for additional support when their child is struggling. Yes, we certainly have more work to do ahead of us and if we continue to work together, our students will excel in and out of the classroom!
Way to go Coach Lipps and the Girls & Boys Cross Country Teams, both teams earned an 8th place finish and Chris Lucas placed 3rd at the State XC Championships...way to go Trojans!!!
Make sure you order your 2020-2021 HHS Yearbook for only $67.00 by Nov. 6th before the price goes up...see Mrs. Alkire for more information!
Curbside pick-up will consist of 10 breakfasts and 10 lunches on November 20th. Plan on picking up meals to assist you during the holiday break. These meals are for all students ages 2-18 years old. Pick-up at any school at the curbside service times. There will be no curbside service November 23rd-28th. Please contact Mrs. Amy Haines at the board office if you have any questions.
- Congrats to the following boys for earning Soccer All-PVC; Andrew Strawn, Corbin McAllister, and Mason Hott! Also the boy's team was named PVC Team of the Year!!!
This Week @ HHS...
- Wednesday> Varsity Volleyball home vs Jefferson HS 6:30 pm.
- Friday> Regular Blended Learning Day for all; Varsity Football home vs Moorefield HS 7:00 pm.
- Saturday> Cheerleading away vs Musselman HS 10:00 am.
Tech Tips from Mr. Feazell (Communication & Attendance):
Remote Communication and Attendance:
This week with everyone on Remote Learning in the county everyone needs to be aware of the attendance rules and how it will work. Attendance is still kept through the week, however instead of it being taken daily, it is based on your communication through the whole week.
Students MUST communicate with all teachers at least once before Thursday at midnight in order to not be marked absent. What is communication with your teachers?
Communication is: Doing any of these will result in you being present for the week. Turning in assignments Emailing a teacher Joining a TEAMS call (Internet or On Phone) Responding to a class discussion Having a phone conversation with your teacher
Communication is NOT:
Doing any of these will
result in your being marked
absent all week. Parents emailing a teacher Not submitting any assignments Logging on to Schoology, but not doing any work Ignoring your teachers’ attempts to communicate with you
Make sure you are doing at least one of the items required to communicate with your teachers this week in order to avoid being marked absent all week. You must also communicate with all four of your teachers, not just one of them.
Our Mission & Beliefs @ HHS:
HHS MISSION & BELIEF STATEMENTS:
- Mission> We will equip all with 21st Century Skills for a lifetime of success.
- We Believe...
* The faculty and staff are building a culture of success by focusing on 21st Century Skills: Communication, Collaboration, Creativity, Critical-Thinking, and Citizenship.
* Success is the shared responsibility of students, staff, and community.
* All students have the ability to learn given the appropriate academic, social, and emotional resources.
* Our community is an important part of the Hampshire High School family, and we value their communication and collaboration involving the academic and social aspects for our school.
- Discover Potomac State of WVU
November 7th 10am-3pm - Virtual Event - Register Today
- Marshall University School of Pharmacy is waiving application fees for the Early Assurance Scholars Program starting November 1 through December 1.
If you have any questions, please email Brittany Thompson at email@example.com
- WVU-Meet your Major event will take place on Thursday, November 5, from 6 - 7:30 p.m. Students will also have an opportunity to chat with current Mountaineers.
Please note that participants must https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4BAEAE2FA5FB6-wvumeet. Click or tap if you trust this link." href="https://nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.signupgenius.com%2Fgo%2F10C0D4BAEAE2FA5FB6-wvumeet&data=04%7C01%7Ctiffani.anderson%40k12.wv.us%7C12aaff2f70f44388792008d880cd457b%7Ce019b04b330c467a8bae09fb17374d6a%7C0%7C0%7C637400967185051596%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&sdata=uBrWbR%2BcLJcX%2BXygav258KEkD6Rk8GiNeKqFtjALCxM%3D&reserved=0" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank" data-auth="Verified">Pre-Register.
- Meet Our Students November 5, 2020 5pm EST
Open House November 12, 2020 7pm EST
Please register today at http://www.dewv.edu/visit/. Click or tap if you trust this link." href="https://nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dewv.edu%2Fvisit%2F&data=04%7C01%7Ctiffani.anderson%40k12.wv.us%7Cd50f53edae2f442f3dd008d87f4a90ac%7Ce019b04b330c467a8bae09fb17374d6a%7C0%7C0%7C637399305527636443%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=qCkgMD82m5JsfijCUf1Ne33Blsm5oZWHqjFK4X4VrYA%3D&reserved=0" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank" data-auth="Verified">www.dewv.edu/visit/ and see what D&E College has to offer.