Cardenas ECC Family Newsletter
First Day of School (August 9, 2021) Information
Arrival Time 7:30 - 8:00
- Exterior doors will be opened at 7:30, so families can begin to sign-in their child to the classrooms.
- Breakfast is served from 7:30 - 8:00.
- Students are marked tardy starting at 8:01 am.
Dismissal Time 3:10 -3:30
- Exterior doors will be opened at 3:10, so families can begin to sign-out their child.
- Individuals picking up students must be on the authorization pick up form, be 18 years or older and have a valid state ID.
On behalf of the staff at Jose Cardenas Early Childhood School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2021-2022 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential.
We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily
- Arrives on time
- Is ready for the day’s learning experience
- Is read to daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
ENROLLING NOW 3 and 4 Year Old Pre-K School Program (Download information below)
Our Campus Mission and Vision Statements
School Hours 7:45-3:10
What items do I need to send to school with my child?
Head Start provides:
- All school supplies for students.
- Breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack. (No outside food items will allowed in the school.)
We ask parents to provide:
- Towel or small blanket for rest time
- Extra change of clothing in case your child needs to be changed during the day.
Direct parents to take a look at all building and district updates on your school website.
Meet the Teacher at Student's Home
Friday, Aug. 6th, 1pm
Teachers and educational aides will be visiting homes to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have regarding the school year.
How to reach us:
Jose Cardenas Early Childhood Center
3300 Ruiz Street
San Antonio, Tx 78228