Emotional Climate of the Home
by ripley nipper and nichol johnson
- Babies are very sensitive to the feelings of people around them.
- Worried or angry caregivers are likely to be tense in handling their babies.
- It's normal for the caregivers to feel occasional frustration and anger toward a beloved child, however a baby needs to feel that affection and caring are the basis of the familys interactions.
- long before babies know the meanings of words, they're influenced by caregivers tone of voice,gestures,and facial expressions
- Feelings of bitterness,mistrust, and anger can hinder, or delay, an infants emotional development.
- Handling unwanted feelings, such as anger,frustration, and sadness, is a challenge for every parent and caregiver.