Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
All there is to know about OCD
What Kind of Disorder is OCD and What is its Definition?
What are the causes and symptoms of OCD?
Some symptoms of OCD is wanting everything to be orderly, fear of anything being unclean, constantly checking, washing, cleaning, counting, following a very strict routine and washing your hands until your skin becomes raw. There are many more symptoms but these are just some of the few.
Treatments of OCD
- Every year there is about 3.3 million people ranging from 18-54 who are diagnosed with OCD.
- Howie Mandel, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Justin Timberlake are some celebrities that have OCD.
- Can happen equally between men and women.
- OCD can affect people of any age.
- People with OCD try very hard to hide the fact they have OCD.
"National Anxiety Foundation, Helping Sufferers of Panic, Anxiety and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders." National Anxiety Foundation, Helping Sufferers of Panic, Anxiety and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Mar. 2015. <http://www.lexington-on-line.com/naf.ocd2.htm>.