The Wright Review
2015 - 2016 Third Grade Weekly News
Please, encourage your child to wear and bring warm clothes to school. We are going to see single digit degrees soon. We like to take the kids outside for recess as often as possible and will likely go outside until the temperature drops below 10 degrees.
You've Been RACKED!
We are having a lot of fun with R.A.C.K (Random Acts of Classroom Kindness). Our December lifelines are generosity and kindness. We are sharing happy moments with those around us in a fun and generous way. We've gifted candy canes to other classes and showered our guidance counselor with love. Next week, we will pick a few more "RACKs" out of the bucket and be generous with out time and feelings some more.
Geometry, Geniuses and Guidance
What a busy week and a half! Here is a quick break down:
- GENIUS HOUR! We knocked out another week! This week, we wrapped up our GH research (mostly). Our goal was to finish research this week and leave plenty of time for our presentations next week. The class is working so hard.
- Math: The classed ZOOMED out of the decimals unit. Now, we are diving into the world of geometry. The class will have two test for this unit. The regular assessment, plus a vocabulary test. They are learning how to make connections to the words to make studying easier.
- Reading: We are still working on Main Idea and the supporting details. This week, the class worked on putting in a lot of reading time. I pulled individuals all week long and was able to sit and listen to them talk passionately about their readings. The school day is so busy and I love those one-on-one moments I get to share and listen to their minds and hearts.
Scholastic Book Orders
If you would like to order books for your child through scholastic's website, please click on the link above. Checks can still be sent to the classroom and I will mail the orders.
Here is a look into next week:
- Math: Geometry
- Reading: Main Idea and Supporting Details (test on Friday)
- Writing: Research Writing
- Grammar: Pronouns
- Genius Hour: The final countdown!
- December 17th: Winter Celebration!
- December 18th: Genius Hour Presentations!
- December 18th - January 4th: Winter Break!
- January 5 - 7th: Winter NWEA