St. Cecilia Spotlight - Oct 25
October 25, 2023
NOTE FROM MRS. KATHMAN
MAP scores will be coming home today in the Wednesday folder. More information will be forthcoming...
- 11/21/23 - Early Dismissal at 11:00 AM: All school mass (8:00 AM) and awards immediately following in church. No lunch will be served and there will not be any Aftercare provided.
- 11/21/23 - Parent Teacher Conferences: 1:00 PM - 8:00 PM (sign-ups forthcoming)
- 12/5/23 - Staff Emergency Preparedness Training: No Aftercare and Daycare will close at 2:00 PM in order for all staff to attend.
DRESS CODE - NO SHORTS
Please take a moment to refamiliarize yourself with the dress code. No shorts are permitted to be worn after October 31st.
- Gym Shorts: If a student prefers to take gym class in shorts, they will need to either wear their gym shorts with leggings underneath or wear the gym shorts underneath their sweatpants. They will not be permitted to bring them and change. Otherwise, standard plain/solid navy sweatpants are always permitted.
- Tights/Leggings - Solid BLACK or NAVY BLUE (no denim) tights/leggings may also be worn during colder weather. The tights/leggings must be tight-fitting on the leg and be ankle length. Capri-length leggings are not permitted. During the winter months (November 1 – March 31) girls may wear plain navy blue sweatpants under their uniform during arrival, recess, and dismissal.
- Sweatshirts/Fleece Pullovers – St. Cecilia School crewneck sweatshirts or fleece pullovers may be worn as part of the uniform. Solid red or navy blue sweatshirts are also permitted. St. Cecilia Logo Sweatshirts can be purchased at Schoolbelles, through the St. Cecilia webpage, or from the St. Cecilia Sports Committee Spiritwear Department.
- Shoes – Dress shoes are optional. Athletic/gym shoes may be worn but they must have non-marking soles to participate in P.E. or indoor recess. Shoes with laces must be tied at all times. Clogs, sandals, and boots* are NOT permitted. No light-up shoes may be worn. *Snow boots may be worn to school on days of inclement weather. However, shoes must be brought to school to change into during the school day.
CANDY FOR OUR TROOPS
Mark your calendar for our Veteran's Day Celebration! On Nov. 9th we will celebrate our veterans. Please invite a veteran you know to join us. There is a short survey to fill out to let us know who is coming. Click the link below to access the survey. We will celebrate Mass at 8 AM, followed by coffee, water, and donuts in the school cafeteria. We will then move to the gym and celebrate with our students as they share songs and gratitude to our veterans. We anticipate this celebration will conclude at about 10:00 AM. We are looking forward to seeing you on November 9th.
- Last day to turn in the Fall Fundraiser Calendars is Thursday, Oct 26! Please be sure to have the bottom portion of the sheet filled out along with the payments. Winners will be drawn at the PTO meeting on Nov 14. You do not have to be in attendance to win.
- The PTO wants to thank all the volunteers who helped with Trunk-or-Treat! Without your help, we wouldn't be able to do these events- so thank you! We had over 200 kids and 26 trunks set up! It was a great turnout and tons of fun.
- The next Stagette meeting is scheduled for Nov 28. More details to follow.
- Our next dine-to-donate is at Chuck E Cheese on Nov 1 from 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm.
DINE TO DONATE FUNDRAISERS
Chuck E Cheese
Wednesday, Nov 1, 2023, 03:00 PM
Chuck E. Cheese, Mall Road, Florence, KY, USA
Facilities Maintenance Director
St. Cecilia Parish and School seeks candidates for a full-time position as our Facilities Maintenance Director. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for assisting in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and maintaining routine maintenance and special maintenance projects. Work would include carpentry, electric, plumbing, repair, and custodial assistance. Must be honest, punctual, dependable, and with good communication skills. Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds. Competitive wage with full benefits. Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter and resume to David Bene at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Childhood Learning Center
St. Cecilia’s Early Childhood Learning Center is seeking charismatic and enthusiastic candidates to fill a few aide positions in our daycare program. Our part-time positions offer preferred hours from 2:30 pm - 6:00 pm daily but can be flexible with hours and days. No weekends or evenings! Candidates should have management strategies for dealing with children and be able to work with adults within the program. Children who attend the program look forward to fun activities, building social & emotional skills, and outdoor & indoor play. Interested candidates should email Director, Kim Murphy at email@example.com.
STEAM / ART ITEMS NEEDED
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Tuesday, November 14th, 2023, 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Tuesday, November 14th, 2023, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
- Catholic Charities, Training Room, 3629 Church St. Covington, Kentucky 41015. Wednesday, November 15th, 2023, 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Tuesday, November 28th, 2023, 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Tuesday, November 28th, 2023, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Tuesday, December 5th, 2023, 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Tuesday, December 5th, 2023, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.