Ms. Daisy's Classroom News
January 8, 2016
This Week In Preschool:
- We are so excited to be back at school! We spent time reviewing how to be students this week. The kids all did a great job remembering how to raise their hands, walk in line, and share with friends; after a little practice we were back into our normal routine!
- We met Kimmy Kangaroo and the letter K. Kimmy is a very kind kangaroo who takes care of animals at a petting zoo and flies a kite. Ask your preschooler to show you Kimmy Kangaroo's sign and sound.
- We started a unit on The Gingerbread Man. We are going to read several versions of the story and compare them as well as doing lots of fun Gingerbread activities. Here is a line to a fun Gingerbread activity http://www.starfall.com/n/holiday/gingerbread/load.htm?f&ref=main
- If you are feeling brave and would like to make some Gingerbread play dough for the kids to play with next week, let me know and I will send you the recipe.
Look At All Our Fun This Week:
Mark Your Calendar
- January 18 - No School
- February 9 - Friendship Parties
- February 10&11 - Parent Teacher Conferences
- February 12-15 - No School
- March 15 - Kindergarten Round Up
- March 21-25 - No School, Spring Break