Media Center News
Library Media Specialist: Angela Hoomes
Hours for Students: 9 AM-3:30 PM
We are closed during 2nd lunch (12:30-1 PM).
- 2 labs with 30 laptops each
- large media center with tables that can be moved with LCD projector
- COW with 30 laptops for use in media center
- Help plan and co-teach research lessons with your students.
- Compile resources (print and digital) to support lessons in your classroom.
- Provide a COW (computers on wheels) for you to use in your classroom or the media center if your department COWs are in use--just email Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Post information on our school website. If you have a class website, send your information to Angela, and she'll add it to our school website.
- Create book lists for classroom projects/assignments.
- Provide butcher paper for your classroom bulletin boards.
- Provide "book talks" and other activities to help your students get excited about reading.
Media Center Guidelines
- Students may come to the media center before school, after school, and during their lunches, except for 2nd lunch. We are closed from 12:30-1 PM.
- Students must have a pass in their planners in order to come to the media center during class, and they must sign in on a computer when they enter.
- Students must have a student ID to check out books.
- Students may check out 3 books at a time for 2 weeks at a time; if they are not finished at the end of 2 weeks, they may renew their books.
- Students may use media center computers for school assignments. They may print for $.25 per page.
- We now have a book drop outside of the media center for students' convenience!
Cool Events @ Your Media Center
We host student book clubs and the Battle of the Books throughout the year. See the flyers below for more information!
CPR--Classes Participating in Reading
We are not implementing this during the 1st nine weeks but hope to do so during the 2ns nine weeks. Throughout the year, participating classes read for the first 20 min. of each class on Mondays. A prize patrol comes around and rewards classes for reading.