Comparison of World Religion
- It started with the birth of Jesus Christ in 0 C.E.
- There are two billion people worldwide
- Christianity is monotheistic and the name of the creator is God.
- Jesus Christ was the son of God and he died to save humanity from sins.
- The Holy Book is the Bible.
- Christianity was suppossedly started in Bethleham because that was where Jesus was born.
- Jesus's death and ressurection made eternel life possible dor others.
- All years are based on when Jesus was born, so techniquelly 2014 years!
- There is a farmer who spreaded seeds. He threw seeds on to rocky ground and they did not germinate. He through seeds on to good soil but the thorns choked them out. Then he threw seeds on to some more good soil but the birds ate them. Finally, he threw some on to good soil and they matured into full grown plants.
- Jesus started Christianity.
- Christianity was spread through the crusades, tearing ideas and migration.
- Main beliefs include the creation of the Universe by God and the great flood that destroyed Earth. Also, there is only one God and he cares and watches over all he people.
- Jesus died on the Cross and this marked the beginning of Christianity. All Christians are devout under Christ.
- Most historians believed that Buddhism originated in Northern India in the 5th Century
- The Buddha started it.
- The Buddha was the center of Buddhism. He was the only God, but monks and nuns also led it.
- As far as basic beliefs go, persons achieve complete peace and happiness by eliminating their attachment to worldly things.
- Buddhism started in India.
- It has been 1,600 years since Buddhism started.
- To live a moral life, to be mindful and aware of thoughts and actions, and to develop wisdom and understanding.
- 362 million people put their faith in Buddhism.
- Buddhism used to be spread by missionaries being sent far and wide to teach it to others.
- There is no one holy book, however, there are sacred texts.
- The Buddha was the main one who was to be considered holy or special.
- The Buddha is the sole god and everyone who believes puts their faith in him.
- Confucius was born in the state of Lu, which was in eastern China.
- Confucius (the Master) is the founder. His other name is Kong Qiu.
- Confucius was the sole god of Confucianism.
- Basic beliefs include social order, harmony and good government. Also, respect for others and good education are significant.
- Confucianism began in China.
- It began about 1,500 years ago.
- 6.3 million put their faith in Confucianism.
- Confucius made his way throughout China and other lands trying to spread this religion and slowly it was adopted.
- The Holy Book is the Five Analects.
- Kong Qiu was considered holy and special.
- The elders and parents were supposed to be respected. As we're rulers and subjects, fathers and sons, husbands and wives, older brothers and younger brothers and friends and friends.