BCA February Newsletter
The vision of the Collegiate Academy at Blackman High School is to create a challenging learning environment with a rigorous course of study where students can become well-rounded scholars who fulfill their potential as they transition from high school to post-secondary opportunities.
MTSU Honors College Open House
For information about parking and a tentative schedule, visit www.mtsu.edu/honors/open-house.php.
The Honors College fosters the academic excellence and nurturing environment of a small liberal arts college within the setting of a major university. The free exchange of ideas and the opportunity to learn from one another in small classes taught by expert faculty makes the Honors College experience rich and meaningful.
The Honors College provides unique curricular and extracurricular experiences, an award-winning arts and literary magazine, and Honors credits for study abroad, Governor’s School, Advanced Placement and IB.
Students with a 25 on the ACT and a 3.5 high school GPA qualify to participate in the Honors College.
Email Rob.Patterson@mtsu.edu. if you have any questions.
Congratulations to our BCA Homecoming attendants!!
Congratulations, Noah Boyd!
RCS Town Hall Meeting
LEASE JOIN US FOR RCS TOWN HALL FEB. 10 AT ROCKY FORK MIDDLE SCHOOL
Please mark your calendars and we hope you will plan to attend our next RCS Town Hall meeting, which will held on Feb. 10, 2020, at Rocky Fork Middle School in Smyrna beginning at 6 p.m. This event is intended for all parents in Rutherford County covering all grade levels.
Have you ever wondered what you can do to help ensure your child is prepared for life after high school and a future career?
Director of Schools Bill Spurlock will host a panel discussion with industry partners and education specialists to talk about opportunities for students and to answer questions from parents.
Parents, have a question you'd like to be answered about career prep opportunities, academic programs or college/career readiness?
If so, please send your question to James Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be answered at the Town Hall meeting.
BCA Homecoming Booth
BCA Sophomore MTSU Field Trip
Wednesday, Feb. 12th, 8am
1301 East Main Street
Congratulations to Megan Roth!
Yard Sign Fundraiser
BCA will be selling yard signs to honor our 2020 Seniors. See below for details!
BHS Class of 2020 Prom- A Starry Night
Friday, April 17th, 7:30-11:30pm
Middle Tennessee State University Ballroom
Cost: Ticket Price $45 each, limit of 2 per senior
Tickets will go on sale Monday, March 9.
Tickets bought on April 13, 14, and 15 will be $85 each.
*Last day to purchase tickets will be April 15.
*No tickets will be sold on April 16 or 17.
Pay online, cash, or check in the bank (make checks out to BHS)
Conversation Speaker Series Coming Up....
Blackman High School Class of 2020 Graduation
Sunday, May 17th, 7pm
2650 Middle Tennessee Boulevard
February 8, 2020
April 4, 2020
June 13, 2020
July 18, 2020
Register online at actstudent.org. The Blackman High School code is 431636.
Life Experience & Extra-Curricular Activities
Students must complete 40 hours of real-life experience in the area of his/her major. The experience must be approved by the faculty board. This experience can be completed any year but must be completed by April of the senior year. Click here for more information about life experience on the BCA website.
You can now report your extra-curricular hours online. Click here to find more information on extra-curricular hours and the link to report your hours. Fill out the form for each separate activity you complete and click submit. We will verify the hours each nine weeks with the club sponsor or coach.
- Freshmen: Honors English I, Honors Biology, and Honors World History or AP Human Geography (must be enrolled in at least 2)
- Sophomores: Honors English II, Honors Algebra II or Advanced Honors Geometry, and Honors Chemistry (must be enrolled in at least 2)
- Juniors: AP English III, AP U.S. History or Dual Enrollment U.S. History, and Speech or Critical Thinking
- Seniors: Speech or Critical Thinking (if not already taken) and Capstone
Blackman Collegiate Academy Standards
Visit the BCA website for information on the following standards:
- Blackman Collegiate Academy Academic Standards
- Blackman Collegiate Academy Behavior Standards
- Blackman Collegiate Academy Extra Curricular Standards
- Blackman Collegiate Academy Events Attendance Standards
Do you have BCA questions? Here’s who to contact:
- Extra Curricular - Mr. Green: email@example.com
- Life-Experience - Mrs. Noffsinger: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speaker Series - Mr. Seadorf: email@example.com
- Academics - Mrs. Waite firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events/recognition - Mrs. Dabney: email@example.com
- Capstone - Mrs. Baumann - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dual Enrollment - Mrs. Wilder- email@example.com
- Admissions- Ms. Bryan - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parent Organization - Kristie Farrington - email@example.com
- General information - Mr. Reed: firstname.lastname@example.org