Lewistown Elementary School
Newsletter for October 20, 2016
- October 20- Pyramid Game Night at Hillcrest Elementary from 6-7 pm
- October 21- Schools Closed for Students
- October 24- Gr K-1 Feeder Reading Night at Thurmont Library from 6-7 pm
- October 28- End of Term 1
- October 28- LES Character Walk from 1:30-3 pm
- October 28- PTA Fall Harvest Party from 6-7:15 pm
- October 31- Schools Closed for Students
- November 1- Picture Retake Day
- November 4- PTA Meeting at 9 am
- November 8- Schools Closed
- November 9-10- Schools open 4 hours late for Evening Conferences
- November 11- Schools dismiss 3 1/2 hours early for Afternoon Conferences
- November 14-18- American Education Week
- November 18- Dads and Donuts from 8-8:45 am
- November 23-25- Schools Closed
Catoctin Feeder Reading Night
PK – 1st graders come join us at the Thurmont Regional Library
on Monday, October 24, 2016 from 6:00 to 7:30 PM!
Students who come will…
see a puppet show.
participate in creating paper bag puppet.
read and browse for books.
participate in a scavenger hunt.
have the opportunity to get a library card.
Students who attend will receive a homework pass! Hope to see you there!
LES Character Walk
Friday, Oct. 28th, 1:30pm
11119 Hessong Bridge Road
Introducing Online Conference Signups for LES!
This year, LES will utilize SignUpGenius for conference signups for November 9-11 parent/teacher conferences!
Access our website and click the SignupGenius button. After creating an account for yourself, click on the grade level your child is in. Look for your child’s teacher in the left column. Be sure you are signing up for the correct teacher, then select a date and then a time slot.
We are so excited about this new feature for LES and truly hope that you will take advantage of this quick and easy method for signing up for your child’s conference!
The summer box top challenge is over and ALL grades were rewarded extra recess for reaching our goal of $500!! Congrats to 2nd grade for collecting the most box tops over the summer. Please keep bringing in box tops for our October 30 submission!
Attention Amazon Shoppers!
Did you know you can support Lewistown Elementary School just by going to https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-7030493 first!
You shop. Amazon gives.
- Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Lewistown Elementary PTA whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
Come to the 9th Annual
Frederick Community Health Fair
Saturday, October 22: 9 AM-3 PM
FREE health and wellness services and activities:
*Medical doctor exam *Medical screening for hearing, vision, bone density, blood pressure, mammogram, heart disease, lung disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis B and C *Mental health *Oral health screening and referral *Medical care management
*Flu vaccines for all ages
FCPS Invites Parents to the Free Workshop:
Understanding and Treating ADHD in Students
Thursday, October 27: 9:30 AM-2 PM
FCPS Staff Development Center 44 W. Frederick St., Walkersville
Register with: Susan.Donoghueemail@example.com 240-236-8744